Skip navigation
Pixelhopper
Currently Being Moderated

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

Apr 9, 2012 12:19 PM

Tags: #install #unexpected_error

Reinstalled AIR and Muse 7 on Windows and try to log in on Adobe ID. ID works, I am logged in here.

Issue since Friday. Several questions in this forum but no answers.

error.JPG

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe Edited title to accurately describe the issue/error

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Are you running a firewall? Muse needs to be able to make an http connection to Adobe's servers. Firewalls usually allow this, but it's possible your firewall is set up to block certain http connections. Please try turning off any firewall running on the machine and see if that resolves the error.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Corey,

That still didn't work :/. I've tried to allow Muse through and then turned off the firewall but it's a no go. Is there anything else I can do?

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to Apayne25

Amy,

Are you running on a corporate network, or a home network? The following are the exact addresses you need to be able to reach through your firewall:

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com  : 192.150.3.146

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com  : 192.150.3.150

https://na1r.services.adobe.com  : 192.150.3.51

If you're running on a corporate network it is likely that there are network rules causing this block.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Yes, starting with Beta 7 we require authentication to verify use eligibility.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Corey,

I am on a home network. Would my firewall still block those addresses?

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Corey,

None of that is working. What else will fix the problem????? Please help!!

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to Apayne25

Your firewall or some other utility may be blocking Muse from connecting. Please make sure you are not running any other utilities (e.g., norton, etc) that could be preventing Muse from connecting to Adobe servers.

If you are certain no other utilities are running, please try searching for and deleting your MBLStore/* and OOBE/opm.db files on your machine. Doing this may resolve the error.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Our IT people insist that there is nothing blocking my requests to the links you provided in an earlier response.  We turned off anything that could have blocked access, and I still can't get Muse to start or even ping those IP addresses.  In addition, I don't have the files on my machine that you said I should remove.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Corey,

I do not seem to have either of those files and I have turned my firewall off, still with no luck. However I do have a text document in my Documents labeled Muse Log. Does that have anything to do with the problem? In an earlier thread someone asked about it and I never found out the answer.

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to Apayne25

I don’t have a Muse.log (that I can find with Windows search), and I still get the unexpected error.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to Pixelhopper

If you are seeing the first screen 'Unknown Error', could you please check to see if the file /User/<user>/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db (Mac) or  \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db (Win) exists. If it does not, could you please email me the log file /Users/<user>/Logs/PDApp.log (Mac) or %temp%/PDApp.log (Win) to boag@adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to James Boag

I am not getting an “Unknown Error,” but I am getting “An unexpected Error...”

I have the opm.db file on my Windows 7 machine.  Interestingly, it isn’t found by Windows search.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to AlanKarp

Thanks, Alan. Would you be able to send me the log from %temp%/PDApp.log to boag@adobe.com?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to James Boag

I sent you my %temp%/PDApp.log

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

I'm using a mac on wifi and I get the unexpected error. When I plug in my ethernet cable, it signs in ok. I cant really use my ethernet cable due setup. It would be strange to always have to plug in a cable to use muse instead of wifi all day. Any new resolution on this issue?

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to STSMikeyMike

Are you using the Mac's Airport for wifi or some other mechanism (i.e. a broadband wifi card)?

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

im using the built in wifi airport on macbook pro unibody. no aircard or external device. just wifi into my router connected to my modem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Zak, is there any solution? Sounds like many people are receiving that message. I know its new and some bugs may appear but it use to work, but not perfectly and it would take a few tries to finally get through. Right now, it will not let me through and simply stop trying every hour. This is a paid service. Thanks!

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 9:00 PM   in reply to STSMikeyMike

I've been assuming you're the same Michael that James has been having a lengthy e-mail dialog with and we're now waiting on a server-side adjustment to your account. If that isn't you, please let me know and I'll see this thread gets attention. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I am having the exact same problem. I do not have a firewall. Any help would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Hi Zak, did you come up with a solution? I can't get past the same screen. Thanks for your help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

I'm having the same issue.  I can't connect on my home or my corporate network.  I'm not running any firewall.  I am running Windows 7.  Each time I try, I'm prompted by a dialog box about the certificate being unknown or untrusted.  Could this be part of the problem?  Please advise.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to Pixelhopper

well, any news on this topic?

would like to test the actual release trial but i cant sign in cause of this unexpected error thing=(

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to tetrochuan

I've been emailing back and forth with the Adobe Team and they resolved my issue. The mentioned that there was some crossup in the subcription under my account. THey had to clear the server state on their backend. Sorry I cant be a little more detailed but that's what I was told and it's fixed. Seems like they also released an update for muse. I was able to contact them via email at muse-support@adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 3:43 AM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Hi I just started to get this error at the worst time. I just migrated to a new mac and get the above error when I try and log in. All my other adobe software is fine. I uninstalled, re-downloaded and ran all updates but nothing changed. I do not even have a firewall activated so very much doubt this can be the issue.

Anyone able to help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to ZICI

Count me in as another who is getting this error and can no longer connect to get up and running.  I've been using Muse for a few months and this just came up out of the blue around June 10.  I'm a Windows 7, 64bit user.  Firewall shouldn't be an issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to pacificachris

Hi ZICI and pacificachris,

Would you please email me the log file /Users/<user>/Logs/PDApp.log (Mac) or %temp%/PDApp.log (Win) to muse-support@adobe.com (with the subject FAO James)? That will help us to diagnose the cause of this issue for you, and provide a resolution.

Thanks,

James

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to James Boag

Hi James, I can't find the file you are referring to. It has been 3 days without my main piece of software and it's costing me money. Cheers Rose

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:50 PM   in reply to ZICI

Mac OSX 10.7.x hides some folders.

Go to "Go to Folder..." in the "Go" menu in the Finder and type "/Users/<yourusername>/Logs" and click "Go". In the folder that appears, find the PDApp.log file and please send it to muse-support@adobe.com with a link to this thread and ATTN James. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 10:30 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

As you can see from the attached screen grabs this folder can not be found. Rose

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to ZICI

Hi Rose,

If you open Finder and then select Go > Go To Folder from the top menu, then type in ~/Library/Logs that should take you to the correct folder (even though it may be hidden, in 10.7/Lion and later versions of Mac OS). There, you should find the PDApp.log file.

Best,

James

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to STSMikeyMike

Still no fix here? Going off ST Mikey Mike's post there's a mixup of account subscriptions, and it seems to be affecting quite a few people.

Just downloaded an update, same error. Win 7. I have the .db file in OOBE.

We have to individually email muse-support@adobe.com to have it fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:15 PM   in reply to RedOctopus

There are multiple different causes of login failures. In order of frequency:

1) opm.db file becomes corrupted and must be deleted. We're working to isolate the cause of this.

The opm.db file can be found in the OOBE folder in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Deleting this file will often address the error.

2) Inability to get to the internet. This is most commonly due to unusually strict firewall settings or anti-malware software. Muse must be able to reach:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

You can go to these links in your browser to verify they're accessible from your machine. If they load a webpage from Adobe, then the connection is working as expected.

3) Muse incompatibility with some USB broadband connections. If your connection to the internet it through a USB broadband card, you many need to connect by other means to start your trial/subscription. We're working to address this incompatibility.

4) Account issues that require server-side fixes. To my knowledge STMikeyMike's situation is the only one to-date that's required a server-side fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Thanks Zak, deleting opm.db has fixed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

The First Option worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:34 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

i've tried to get to these sites, as suggested:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

i can get to the first one, but i'm getting "there's a problem with this website's security certificate" on the other three.  is there any way to overcome this error?  i'm running windows 7 and IE 8.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points