Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

table of contents video?

Apr 9, 2012 11:55 AM

Hello Adobe Premiere Pro world!

please view the link below

http://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-camtasia-custom-production-settings. html

Why can't Adobe Premiere Pro have a simple function like the one above for a super simple table of contents video?

I though FC was going to be the answer but they are discontinuing it- should one need to enter the world of flash if they just want a way for people to navigate through their video on the web

Does anyone know of a better way to accomplish this than using Camtasia and how?

Thanks for your time

Tony

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to TL2121

Tony,

You might want to look into Encore's Flash output. While not so automated, I think that you can do almost everything that the tutorial cited - might have missed some.

Good luck, and drop by the Encore Forum, if you have questions about using that program to author your Flash output.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to TL2121

Tony,

The difference is that PrPro is an NLE (Non Linear Editor) for editing video. It has zero capability to author, and especially something interactive, like Flash can.

Do explore Encore's Flash capabilities, and you might find that it can get you what you want, though probably with a bit more hand-work, than in Camtasia.

Though I do not really know the program, Sony has a couple of levels of their DVD Architect. IIRC, one (the Pro maybe?), has something similar, but be sure to check me out on that, as my memory is not what it once was.

You could also do what you want in Adobe Flash.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 5:07 PM   in reply to TL2121

Tony,

I have never been hired to do such, so I am not the person to ask. My Flash work was rather limited, regarding interactivity.

Also, I have never had to deliver a Flash DVD out of Encore, or I would have given you some tips, beyond "come over the Encore Forum, where others can likely help you."

I do not want to steer you wrong, based on just my reading, 'cause you will "hate me in the morning."

I will bet that there ARE some tutorials on doing similar in Encore, and feel even more certain that many exist for Adobe Flash.

Good luck, and wish that I had a pile of useful info for you.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to TL2121

Good luck, and wish that I had some experience authoring to Flash in Encore. Others, in that forum, have done far, far more, than I have, and some do not hang out here so much. That was why I posted the link to that forum, to get some experts weighing in on what is/is not possible in Encore > Flash authoring.

Please let us know if it does work for you, as that info might help others in the future.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points