Premiere crashing. Using Blackmagic Intensity Pro HDV sequence

Feb 7, 2012 5:51 AM

Latest reply: Saad Khan, May 14, 2012 11:11 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Saad Khan

Saad,

3rd strike, your system builder is OUT!

Kingston has a web site too that informs users and system builders what RAM that they sell that will work properly in your ASRock X79 Extreme 4 motherboard:

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASR&Line=Mot herboard&Model=75151

And no, the RAM that you are running now is not on their list either.

Don't you know when to give up listening to someone taking you money and selling you the wrong thing time after time!

Premiere Pro CS5 / CS5.5 are extremely taxing on a system; this is good, it allows us to do amazing things with complex codecs now. I assure you though, simpily running a memory test on new RAM is not any kind of assurance that this will be a useful and stable system with Adobe.

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 9:54 PM   in reply to Saad Khan

Saad,

You have a strong system; I would suggest the following RAM as a good balance for the other components:

F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL (8Gx4)

This 32GB kit is selling for under $300 at Newegg as we speak.

I also like the lower voltage (1.5 vs 1.65 of the one you selected).

Regards,

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to Saad Khan

I don't know, but you will know for sure in a few days!

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to Saad Khan

I hope that the new RAM fixes all your troubles! Why not just wait to troubleshoot any crash issues after putting in the new RAM?

The Win7 event log can sometimes hold troubleshooting clues regarding some types of crashes. Another possibility would be to check ASRock's forum (assuming they have one) for more information regarding your particular motherboard model.

Good luck!

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 3:17 AM   in reply to Saad Khan

All I can say is Corsair seems to say so; the RAM you will be trying next is on Corsair's supported list. I would be a fool to suggest that RAM will be your answer. I am trying to be helpful in continuing to try and get some "approved" RAM in your box for the first time.

Others may have something to say here, but there are MANY hardware, firmware, driver, software, and settings in a PC and your long journey of crashes will not be over until it is over.

Jim

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points