• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download FrameMaker Trial

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried EVERYTHING - I disabled my antivirus, cookies including 3rd party cookies are enabled, no popup blocker is running, I tried with the latest IE and also with Chrome, I have killed HOURS on this already!

But when I try to download the 30day trial of FrameMaker, it eitehr does NOTHING, or it tells me that it's in an infinite redirect loop and perhaps I shoudl try enab ling 3rd party cookies...

To add insult to injury, when I gave up and went to look at my email, I saw about 15 notices from Adobe that my 30day trial period has begun!!!

How can I be using up trial days with FrameMaker when I can't even download the thing????????

Please help -

--adina

[email address removed by host]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

This issue is due to Java plug-in for firefox. Please try to download the latest java plug-in from http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

Restart the browser and try to download this product. This way i am able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdinaSherer I was able to initiate the download process successfully so the download itself would seem to work.  I would recommend trying the steps listed in I can't download a purchased product from the Adobe.com Store.  Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed within the document.

Also your trial does not being until you install the software on your computer.  Assuming you have no other software issues your 30 day trial should begin at the time of installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff -

Thanks for answering so quickly. My problem is that I DID try all the steps in that link, but my computer STILL won't download the trail. When I click on the link, the farthest I got was some variation of an info page saying that there was an infinite loop of redirections and I should allow 3rd party cookies (which ARE allowed) or just nothing.

thanks -

--adina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdinaSherer are you using any type of security software which might be interfering?  I would recommend a selective start-up, to help temporarily disable any security software, and if that still doesn't work perhaps try with a new administrator account?  Please let me know if you have any questions about either of these steps.

You can also download the trial on another computer and transfer it over utilizing a USB drive or file sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem today.  I have tried Chrome and IE and every time it says that there is an infinite redirect loop.  I have never had any problem downloading any software on this machine until now.  Is there any other way to download this trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link that opened in the new window is:

http://trials.adobe.com/dlm.html?files=http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/FM/10/win32/FrameMaker_...

This will not load in Chrome or IE.  But, I can see from the URL that there are two files, so I simply downloaded

http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/FM/10/win32/FrameMaker_10_WWEFDJ.exe

and

http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/FM/10/win32/FrameMaker_10_WWEFDJ.7z

separately, and ran the exe file.  This is the only way I could find to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Chrome and IE are you using?  What add-ons have you installed?  Also what security software are you utilizing?  This will assist me with seeing if I can duplicate your difficulties.  Finally which version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a fresh install of Windows 7 on Parallels on Mac OSX.  No addons are installed and any security sofware is disabled.  I'm using Chrome version 18.0.1025.152 and IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right I was able to duplicate the issue.  I will go ahead and report the issue to our web team.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Benmcntsh it appears Koteswar Rao solution is correct.  We have verified the download is working in Internet Explorer and if you upgrade your Java plug-in you will also be able to download in Firefox as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is due to Java plug-in for firefox. Please try to download the latest java plug-in from http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

Restart the browser and try to download this product. This way i am able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines