Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New version of app with subscription and newsstand support not visible in App Store

Dec 16, 2011 5:48 AM

This might be more question aimed on Apple Support, but maybe someone had similar experience. Today at morning i've released new version of App for customer. This version have two main news - support for newsstand and subscription. Old version disappeared from App Store, but new one is not visible on any market. i'm quite confused, anyone have idea what happened?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2011 5:53 AM   in reply to Martin Lér

Has the app been approved by Apple?

Did you test your developer ipa?

I'm stating the obvious here, but you have checked Newsstand for your app, right?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2011 5:58 AM   in reply to Martin Lér

In your in-app purchases on iTunes Connect, is everything cleared for sale for today, and not a future date?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2011 6:58 AM   in reply to Martin Lér

Hi Martin,

Glad to hear the case is resolved... could you clearly describe what resolved the issue? I do not fully understand what you wrote previously....

(just for the reference on this forum to have a complete solution with the question)

Klaasjan

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2011 5:08 PM   in reply to Martin Lér

We experienced the same problem when adding Newsstand and Subscriptions in our app.

In our case, Apple had turned off "Cleared For Sale" on our subscriptions.

Once your app has been enabled for Newsstand (in iTunes Connect) it cannot appear outside of Newsstand. And, of course, it cannot appear inside of Newsstand without subscriptions and push notifications.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to Steven_Sokulski

Hi, Steven and Martin

I have  this porblem now. My app is out from app store, because I delete the subscription in my app with newsstabd enable.

I'm a little confused, because I submit a new subscription - with a new product ID - because I can't reuse the first.

Apple don´t allow me update a new app without newsstand. Until now I hadn´t answer from apple about the new subscription and my app continuous nor visible in app store, but the status is "ready to sale".

At least, Apple should me send a  message about this issue.

All the problem started because I set the tier price to subscription the same value to retail price (tier 3), then when I changed the tier price to amount the period subscription - 6 months (tier 90). This price (tier 90) was set to the retail folios too, so my magazine turned the most expensive in App Store!!!

Please, I'd like and I need to understand better how set differents prices to retail and subscription, because something happened wrong in my first try

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points