• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple ARTBOARDS to multiple JPGs (AppleScript)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m aware that Illustrator doesn´t have multiple artboards options for JPG as it does with eps, or other formats, but is there any workaround for this??

Looping current artboard and exporting them to JPG or something. 

Or maybe there is someway to force the   "save multiple artboards:true" in JPG??

export document currentDoc to file exportFolder as JPEG with options ¬

{class:JPEG export options ¬

, quality:100 ¬

, artboard clipping:true ¬

, artboard range:1 - 2 ¬

, save multiple artboards:true}

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping current artboard and exporting them to JPG or something. Yep thats it… I don't AppleScript a great deal these days so get back if you do get stuck ( I'll need to do some dusting )

The app lets you set the active artboard by index… So just count them and loop… You can't make a property that just ain't there…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not do it by pure AppleScript, I had to use Javascript like this:

do javascript "app.activeDocument.artboards.setActiveArtboardIndex(0);"

set newFilePath to exportFolder & "Grafica-Estructura.jpg"

export current document to newFilePath as JPEG with options ¬

, artboard clipping:true}

do javascript "app.activeDocument.artboards.setActiveArtboardIndex(1);"

set newFilePath to exportFolder & "Grafica-Caracterizacion.jpg"

export current document to newFilePath as JPEG with options ¬

, artboard clipping:true}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've even posted that solution at MacScripter and forgotten all about the command being missing from AppleScript ( whats why I retain the muppet crown )…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC 2017 has this covered in the export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mind showing the property? I don't see it in ExportOptions except for PDF/Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bringing this back from the dead to ask if anyone ever discovered how to accomplish this via scripting. Or is the solution to just clip to artboard and iterate through active artboard as described above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines