Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggravating AA problem. Toggle issues again

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Have a slide that I have set up as a simple quiz slide without using a CP quiz template.

I've a multiple answer multi choice question with 6 answers, all of which need to be ticked to make the question correct. There is no need for this to report to an LMS.

The reason for doing it this way is that I have audio attached to the text captions which wasn't working very well in the quiz template version of the slide.

So, I have created a highlight spot graphic to indicate when the question has been 'ticked'

I've set variable v_kc_1 through v_kc_6 to zero.

I have set AA cb_1_on (this is attached to a clickbox over the text caption) to do the following:

Assign v_kc_1 with 1

Assign rdcmndGotoFrameAndResume with rdinfoCurrentFrame

Show im_on_1 (this is the highlight spot graphic)

Show cb_1_off (this is a clickbox that does the fololwing and sits above the cb_1_on)

Second AA set to cb_1_off does:

Assign v_kc_1 with 0

Assign rdcmndGotoFramdAndResume with rdinfoCurrentFrame

Hide im_on_1

Hide cb_1_off

This is then replicated across the other clickboxes and variables.

This works once, so I click the TC and my highlight lights up, I then click it again and it goes out. I added a tc with the variable v_kc_1 to the page and it shows it working fine.

However, it then stops. I get the clicking noise in the background but the highlight doesn't change and the variable stays stuck on 0.

I'm a wee bit annoyed right now with this as it looks like it should work.

I have a 'repeat' AA attached to the end of the slide (Expression rdcmndGotoFrameAndResume = rdinfoCurrentFrame - 1) just for info but the timeline isn't getting there so it's not that.

The only thing not happening is that I have no OnEntry AA set up. As it's just a basic slide I've used the 'visible' tick box in the properties pallete.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm stuck.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

No, Col, you can never have two interactive objects on top of each other (same physical place), even though you hide/disable them with advanced actions. I have once been looking for a solution, but couldn't find one up till now. It was in a thread for a play/pause button in exact the same location if I remember well. Must be mentioned in my blog post about Pause/play buttons.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Col,

You expect me to pop in, not? Will see later on today if I have some time to replicate your situation. Promised to blog to the other user as well, but couldn't find time up till now.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing has shown that for some reason the click boxes aren't swapping places.

The AA tells one to hide, the other to show and vice versa, but they don't obey the commands it seems.

If I seperate the click boxes it all works perfectly, but if one click box is over the top of the other, even hiding and showing them makes no difference.

Has this come up before/am I doing something wrong?

Or is this a bug that I have found?

Cheers

the .cptx file is at:

https://acrobat.com/#d=2oK7pRPt2hMiNAWQ95YGkw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Col, you can never have two interactive objects on top of each other (same physical place), even though you hide/disable them with advanced actions. I have once been looking for a solution, but couldn't find one up till now. It was in a thread for a play/pause button in exact the same location if I remember well. Must be mentioned in my blog post about Pause/play buttons.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right,

Thanks Lieve.

Again.

Clears up the issue.

Seems odd that it deosn't work.

I shall find a way to do it another way!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the trial version Event Handler widget and use a them instead of your click boxes.  You can set the Preferences in the widget properties to Reset Success Fail Criteria After Action and Disable Continue to avoid using the Advanced Actions that rewind your playhead.  I think you'll find this a much simpler solution.  But instead of trying to use one interactive object on top of another with HIDE SHOW actions to toggle the effect on and off, you'll need to use a variable and a Conditional Advanced Action to achieve this result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod,

How long will the trial last?

Can I publish my project using it or is it limited in some way?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trial is not limited in time.  But there is a watermark at runtime to indicate you are using  a trial.  So you will definitely NOT want to use the trial version widget for production projects.  I'm suggesting you try it out free of charge to see if this widget would suit your needs.  If it doesn't, it cost nothing but a little time to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources