Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Cannot contact reliable source" error

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm trying to download version 11 of flash player but keep getting this error, it will either be 12% with my secuirty settings on, or 47% with security settings off.  My husband's PC has the same problem.  I'm on Windows XP home edition 2002, 32 bit, and my browser is firefox. I use AVG as my internet security.

I have tried everything! and i've been round this forum a few times looking at your solutions with people who have had the same problems.  I even deleted my old version of flashplayer (version 10) as it was one of the suggestions, but that didn't work either.  And now I am completely flash playerless...

We have wireless internet but have never had a problem downloading anything else. 

I uninstalled flash player using my add/remove programs, rebooted and tried to install it again, with my secuirty settings off, and got the same error.

I tried to download the uninstaller on your site but got some long error message that ended with ".....is not a valid Win32 application". I got this same error when trying to download flash player with your direct links dotted all over the forum. 

I tried the common flash player issues but that didn't help either.  And yes I do close firefox when installing flashplayer.

I have no idea what else to do and when I try to search google for other options it keeps giving me your website, so i'm going round in circles, I've been at this for hours and all i've managed to do is delete my old version of flash.

Please help, and please don't redirect me to your troubleshooting and flash player issues as neither tackles this problem directly.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacy,

Could you try to download the appropriate stand alone installer and try again?

Windows stand alone installers

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I don't know where you got that link from but it's the only one that's worked. Neither Carl's nor the ones on the website worked as fast as this one did.  All in all I think the combination of both ideas helped.  It's finally installed.  Hope this helps you in helping other ppl with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the current 32 bit uninstaller 

Uninstaller for 32 bit Operating Systems

Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller 

Restart Windows 

Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in a Windows Explorer window) 

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash 
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player 
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Window\system32\  has been deleted.

Download the following installer file: 32 bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Physically disconnect from the Internet and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl, I hadn't done the deleting of remaining files before and I'm sure that helped.  Your two links didn't work for me though as I got the following errors: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe is not a valid Win32 application."  (And I typed that out by hand!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stacyclaire wrote:

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

This usually indicates that the download did not complete.  If you ever see this message again, just download the program again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did Pat, several times, on different links.  Chris' link is the only one that didn't give me that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this issue as well, but on Mac's with 10.6.8. Every machine i've tried to download Flash on gives me the error that it cannot connect to a reliable source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines