Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Transform panel overview

Apr 10, 2012 9:16 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Community Help

When I select text, I used to see the transform information in the docked panel above. For some reason all I see now when I select text is the word "Transform" with the ability to click on it. Is there a way to transform to appear again, like when objects are selected?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to isaa0076

Click on the small triangle at the right end of the Control bar and make sure that Transform is checked.

Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 9.39.16 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

Yes, Transform is checked. I am wondering how to get it back to where the X, Y, W, and H, appear without clicking on the work and with the up and down arrows.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to isaa0076

I think its normal, coz its text. text object needs character panel & paragraph panel beside others panel that usualy docked above (like transform panel, align, etc).

so the "common panel" will automatically hide coz character n paragraph panel need a little more space.

but if u really need transform panel always shown, just active it by click windows>transform or press shift+f8

hope this can help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to cryipt

This was helpful. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to isaa0076

so it's answered?

glad to help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to isaa0076

We should have asked a couple of questions. Most importantly what size of monitoring are you working on now, what OS and which version of AI? The Control bar is contextual and displays different things depending on the object selected. If nothing is selected, the only general things are shown. It also is limited as to what it shows and if you have everything checked from the flyout, then for certain items you might run out of room to display all the tools and setting windows available for that object. If yolu are working with a large monitor, then more room is avialable to display these tools. Conversly if you are working with a laptop you would have less room and somethings don't get displayed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points