Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Play music with a slide show

Mar 25, 2012 8:08 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Community Help

This facility appears very restricted - it only allows one file to be used and only in mp3 or mp4 formats. Most recorded music is in separate tracks and most slideshows will be more than 10 mins duration so unless one has a single track long enough, the pictures won't fit the music. I tried stitching together several tracks into a single file but LR didn't regard that as a valid file for some reason. It would be much better if a whole folder of music tracks could be selected and each one then played in sequence or randomly. Also for other formats than mp3 to be allowed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Community Help

I agree.

I have spent much time using Audacity with "cut & paste" to get the track long enough.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to David Rawlins

I agree. iPhoto allows much more flexibility with slide transitions, music file choice and fit to music option. iPhoto is far better for a quick and easy slideshow. This is most disappointing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Community Help

The Slideshow module in Lr is nearly a laughable offering compared to other options ... it has languished in obscurity since almost Lr 1 ... I have a 99 cent app on my iPad that can blow it out of the water by comparison ... Adobe should either drop the module completely or open up the SDK and let someone else try to offer a viable and reasonable solution ... because what they have offered thus far is a waste of effort and good hard drive space.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to David Rawlins

I have a problem - I would like to change the music I selected for my slideshow and cannot delete what's already there ... how do I change the music for my slideshow??

Thanks, Hans

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to Hans-NM

Just click the "Select Music" button which will take you to your HD to pick a new file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points