Skip navigation
DF Wilkinson
Currently Being Moderated

Continuing Bridge Cs6 problems

Apr 10, 2012 9:57 AM

Have been close to a month now and no Bridge? Have uninstalled CS6 again. How can you do a Beta with half the program. Since the Bridge anomally seems to be happening in Windows and Mac, it would seem someone could figure this out.

To recap once more:

OS Mac 10.7.3, PS CS5 is not running, download of CS6 OK, PS CS6 opens OK, Bridge CS6 opens existing Bridge CS5. This is usable with PS CS6 by toggling back and forth But it is Bridge CS5. Under Bridge file associations the opening process does change the CS5 Bridge files to CS6 However a reset and open still generates a Apple crash report to Apple. No report is generated to Adobe?? Then a retry opening Bridge CS6 again sets the CS5 files to 6 but opens Bridge CS5. This is true whether the launch is out of Applications,PS, or Mini Bridge.

So - I would hope this is resolved before the final version comes out?? Will there be a good discount for half a program?

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 10, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Bridge works fine for most folks.

Do you have Bridge CS5 set to auto-start when your system is started?  If so, then an attempt to open Bridge CS6 will just bring forth the version already running.

Check your Bridge preferences and disable that feature.  I think it's only there so that when you first start it it comes up a bit faster anyway, and I know I tend to dislike things that just run in the background, taking up resources, just in case you might need them.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

DF,

Can you goto the Applications > Adobe Bridge CS6 folder and launch Bridge CS6 manually?

And like Noel suggests, if Bridge CS5 or other version is still running, it may just bring forward the Bridge app that's already launched on the machine.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 10, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

Pete.Green wrote:

if Bridge CS5 or other version is still running

Might be a good idea to double check with the Task Manager, Processes view for Bridge.exe...  OOPS, that's for Windows.  You get the idea.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Thanks DF.

I'll pass this to our Bridge engineers.

They'll get a response to you here on the forums asap.

Also, are you submitting all crash reports to Adobe?

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 7:00 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Hi DF,

Please check the folder /Users/[username]/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. If you can find some .crash file whose name contains 'Bridge CS6', please send it to us.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Hi, there are no attached files to this forum. Can you email to me? Please check your private messages.

Thanks

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:11 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Thanks for the file. We will take a look and see what we can find.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Hi DF,

I may need to setup a connection with you, so that I can check your system and find out the cause of this issue. Please let me whether you are willing to do so.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:38 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

For the mini Bridge issue: When you click a folder in mini Bridge panel, the pictures of this folder display. When you double click a folder, the subfolders will be listed in the folder panel. In summary, folders are listed in the left panel and images listed in the right panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

DF Wilkinson-

When you go to to the crop tool what are you doing? Do you selet the size and resolution, a preset, insert numbers, or drag the corner?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Regarding the save as, are you using the keyboard shortcut or the file menu?

By chance have you loaded any old plugins or pointed your additional plugin folder to an older version of Photoshop?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points