Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Migrating Hot Keys to CS6

Mar 28, 2012 3:03 PM

Title says it all. I fould the Keyboard Short Cut file in CS5 and when I went to CS6, I found a folder for it, copied the file from CS5 . It didn't work.

Is there a method for doing so?

Win 7 64.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 7:13 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

Hi Hudechrome,

Make sure you're pasting them into the same roaming directory but for CS6. That worked for me anyway. You might also be able to save a set from the CS5 interface, but change the directory from CS5 to CS6.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

Hi Hudechrome,

Sorry, I don't understand what your running into. I assumed you had a custom Keyboard Shortcut file that you wanted to transfer from CS5 to CS6. Is that not the case? If you are talking about the default Keyboard Shorcuts file, there is a size difference. I don't undrestand why you'd want to replace the default CS6 file though?

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

Hi,

Thanks for the further explanation. Have you tried loading your CS5 custom KBSC and then create a new set out of CS6? When I quickly did this with little customization, my custom .kys file went from 4K to 15K. I'm not sure if the file size change is due to added entries or the way we are saving the CS6 data compared to CS5 data.

A quick look at the differences between CS5 and CS6 defaults shows these additions in CS6:

Find Layers: Alt+Shift+Ctrl+F

Adaptive Wide Angle: Shift+Ctrl+A

Render: Alt+Shift+Ctrl+R

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to SG...

The shortcut file format is different in CS5 and CS6:  that's why the size changed.   CS6 moved to XML, so the file is much larger.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points