Skip navigation
DavidChuckMayo
Currently Being Moderated

My audio is very messed up.

Apr 10, 2012 10:31 AM

So I just installed AE today and so my friend and i shot some test footage to edit but when I import it into the program and try to play it or preview it the audio is all mashed up and in the wrong place. When i press preview it plays the video all the way through but it pulls a piece of audio from the middle and mashes it up from there. Anyone ever run into similar a similar problem? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to DavidChuckMayo

AE is not suited for editing or really even for ingesting footage. You probably are shooting a highly compressed format. You should bring your footage into Premiere, using its capture functions, and then export it to a more suitable frame-based codec before attempting to use your footage in After Effects.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to DavidChuckMayo

There's really no way to diagnose your situation.  Here's a link to the information you need to provide that will help us help you:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

And since you' brand-new to AE, here's an EXTREMELY valuable place to spend some quality time:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after- eff.html

After Effects is not the kind of application you use for a couple of tricks and expect things to turn out right the first time.  It takes a good knowledge of the AE basics to make it do what you want.  Hence that second link.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to DavidChuckMayo

As Dave says, we need more information.

I'm going to make a guess: You're using AIFF audio in After Effects CS5 and have not installed the bug-fix updates.

Start by installing the updates.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points