Skip navigation
dgfitzpat
Currently Being Moderated

Pointing Premiere Pro CS5 to Back-Up Files

Apr 10, 2012 1:25 PM

When I was building this very long project, all of my data was on a primary drive and a backup drive.  The primary drive has now failed.  Is there a way to point PrP to the backup drive which is a mirror of the primary drive?  Renaming the Calling the "D" drive to be an "X" drive is not an option.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to dgfitzpat

Replace the primary, and copy all the files over.

You've already had one drive fail, do you really want to continue with only one drive?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to dgfitzpat

When you Open the Project, and it can't find the files because that drive is offline, Premiere will ask, " Where is clipname.avi?" and you then browse to the new location and select the clip in question, and then if there are other clips it needs in that same directory, it will grab them all. If it then needs say an audio clip from another folder, it will ask where that is, and then along with it load any others it sees there. So, you don't have to manually link EVERY clip, is usually a pretty quick and painless process. I would then use "Save As" to save a new copy of the project with a different name.

If you do have any clips in your Bin that are still offline, you can right-click clip and RELINK and manually point it to the proper source file also.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points