Skip navigation
LSNye
Currently Being Moderated

Losing links of images on Preview and Publish.

Apr 9, 2012 12:53 PM

Tags: #image_links

Some images are not linking on Preview and Publish (Beta7). I have relinked (even going back to the original in Photoshop) and re-published again, those link up but then other images stop linking and do not load. Ones that were working fine just minutes ago.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to LSNye

What way are the images being used? Are they background images, or inside of widgets? Can you also please post a screen shot of the Design and Preview modes?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to LSNye

Hi,

Try publishing again, but in the publish dialog open up Options and set Upload to "All Files." By default Muse only uploads changed files, so setting this option should force everything to upload.

Were you having these issues in Preview mode, preview in browser, or export to HTML, too?

Also, can you please send your .muse file to muse-support@adobe.com, along with a link to this thread, so I can try to reproduce the issue myself?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to LSNye

You can send the file using something like Adobe SendNow. Are you experiencing the same issues with export to HTML?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to LSNye

Same issue here...

Even when exporting using HTML, Muse is not properly linking certain images upon export. A gray box will appear where your image would normally be. It never did this often, but now it seems to do it on every export using HTML. The only way around this right now is to go to the exported image folder and recopy your photos to it. (Time Consuming)

The missing photos have even been relinked through the Assets Menu. When prevewing the site the images will show. Upon export... no go.

Missing Images.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to Design Bus

Please try deleting all the contents of the HTML folder (or exporting to a different folder) and see if this is still happening.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Colby Ausen

I tried that already. Infact when you try that approach, different images will not link. It's truly a hit or miss for me. Every serval times after restarting Muse and, as you mentioned trying different export locations, it will display all images. I don't wan't to assume it's a bug, but I sure have tried to elimiate any possibility of an error on my end.

I am wondering if I create a new project and then copy over the files, if it may work. Not sure if Muse chaches any of the project files in the OS system that may have gone bad causing this particluar project to have issues.

Other than that, I am excited for the release of this program!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to LSNye

Can you please send your .muse file to muse-support@adobe.com, along with a link to this thread, so I can take a look?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to LSNye

Looks like it didn't come in yet, sorry about that. Can you try sending again? Either version of the file is fine, you can send in the latest. After you had published successfully, do you remember which changes you made to file that ultimately lead to links missing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points