• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11.2.202.228 Is Seriously Nerfed !!

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming to this forum after noticing problems with my laptop after updating to 11.2.202.228 and subsequently reading the woes of many others, the only conclusion I can come to is that there's a serious problem with Flash 11.2.202.228 which is affecting many people and needs to be sorted out quickly!!

In my case, I've noticed that if I run the program that came with my computer to view my webcam (Acer Crystal Eye Webcam) the view is now seriously overexposed. If I use the Google Talk plugin, things are fine. I've also noticed that Youtube videos are seriously overexposed too. If I play videos in windowed mode (accelerated decoding, software rendering), they're fine. Switch to full screen (accelerated decoding and rendering) and they're messed up! Disabling hardware acceleration solves the problem, but I don't expect to be running without acceleration on a modern machine with everything up to date.

Here's the spec of my Acer 5750:-

Core i5 2430M

HD 3000 graphics using the latest Intel driver (8.15.10.2653)

8GB DDR3-1333 ram

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

DX11

Firefox 11.0 and IE9

Everything possible up to date

I always use this video to benchmark my machine to check everything is working fine:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw

There's lots of snow so the fact that it's overexposed with accelerated rendering is very apparent. I was using the beta version of 11.2 before the shipping version released, and things worked fine. I've tried installing 11.3 beta, but this doesn't solve the problem. I've also noticed that on another older laptop I look after (Core 2 Duo 2GHz, Geforce 9200M GS latest Nvidia drivers, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit, 4GB DDR2-800 ram), 11.2.202.228 works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone from Adobe even bothered to read this message?

Since I took the time to accurately report the problems I'm encountering, it's totally unacceptable the no-one official seems to give a damn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to wait until after the weekend.

Meanwhile you may want to file a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ - please post the bug id back here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely add the bug, please include your dxdiag report, specific URLs, and any additional steps we'll need to reproduce the problem.  Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration to see if that makes an impact?

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, as I said in my report above (I know you have lots to sort out on here, but try and pay attention!!), disabling hardware acceleration solves the problem. But there again, I don't expect to be running the latest version of flash on a modern machine with acceleration disabled! Disabling hardware acceleration globally also solves the 'overexposed webcam' issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your original post you claim "latest Nvidia drivers"; can you be more specific and give the driver version and date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed that line in your original post.  Long day and your original post contained a lot of information.  If disabling helps, then you are most likely running into a driver issue. 

Were you able to add a bug into the database?  We need the dxdiag report to test this properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pat Willener

I didn't specify the Nvidia driver on the other machine I keep an eye on, since 11.2.202.228 appears to be working fine on it. I just added that extra piece of information to highlight that this problem appears to affect certain machines whilst others work perfectly well. I only specified the driver being used on the machine having problems.

@Chris Campbell

As I said, I'm using the latest driver for HD 3000 graphics (8.15.10.2653 dated 14/02/2012). The beta versions of 11.2 and 11.1 shipping worked fine with the same driver. Hence the reason I'd blame 11.2.202.228 as the culprit here. Having said that, since the driver for my graphics chipset supplied by Acer was 8 months old, and much newer generic drivers were available from Intel, I manually installed an up to date driver since nothing newer was available from Acer. I know laptop manufacturers tell you to stick to their 'custom' drivers, but most of the time they're identical to generic ones, and often years out of date. Incidentally, I just noticed another video on youtube having sound issues with my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTwRxtmQ9IY

The sound starts to stutter and breakup after about 30 seconds.

I'll file that bug report later when I have more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.

I'm trying to consolidate video issues that user's are encountering into a single thread with all relavent information so we can investigate.  The only thing we're missing from you is your dxdiag report.  Would you mind generating one of these and replying to the following thread with the contents and a link to this thread?

Video investigation with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to flash 11.3.300.257 and the problem STILL persists! I was hoping it would have been sorted out in flash 11.3!!!!

On the positive side, the webcam issue appears to be resolved, but I still get overexposed video in youtube whilst in fullscreen mode with acceleration enabled. My HD3000 driver version is now 8.15.10.2696 (dated 19/3/2012). Everything on the machine is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Sorry you're still running into problems.  I took a look at the video investigation thread but didn't see a dxdiag report from you there.  Did you already send this to us?  If not, could you read the first post in this thread and follow the steps listed?

Video investigation with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines