Currently Being Moderated

iPad 3 Retina Display

Mar 17, 2012 5:18 AM

Tags: #ipad #3

Reader does not work with iPad 3' retina display correctly.  Update please!*

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to Smstadler

We are aware of the issue and believe we have a fix (a workaround for a bug in Apple iOS tooling). Once submitted to the App store, it will take some time for Apple to approve. Thank you for your patience.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

An updated version is now available in the appstore. Thank you for your patience while we worked through the issue with Apple after the release of the new iPad.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Downloaded the new version, but it displays "out of memory" messages on even the smallest documents. I have the 64GB model. Available storage on the device is about 55GB.

These pdf's open in other PDF readers on the device. I prefer Acrobat, so hopefully another fix is forthcoming....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Smstadler

Reading PDF's in the Safari browser works but using the app standalone always results in the out of memory message. The previous version didn't have the memory message issues, but it had all those black blocks everywhere when displaying. Hopefully another update will come soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to hal4736

The new iPad has increased demands on memory because of increased resolution (2x screen resolution). The Mobile Reader attempts to limit memory use and gives an "out of memory" message when the limit is exceeded. Unfortunately, we haven't had much time to test the memory limit on the new iPad with higher resolution, so we'll need to tune our limit to match the new resolution along with the memory capacity of the new iPad. This will take some testing and tweaking to get right. We hope to follow with an update once the tuning is complete. If you have a sample file that you can share, that would be appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 8:35 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

This is a file that shows the issue. It will open while in Safari, but choose to "Open in" Acrobat to see the Out of Memory error.

http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/5/54/IMSLP25536-PMLP572 60-korngold_die_tote_stadt_full_score_act1_scene1.pdf

If you tilt the iPad to portrait orientation, it will show the out of memory error.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to Smstadler

Version 10.1.2 Updated on March 19th, 2012

Does NOT fix this current issue of "Out of memory." for me.

I am trying to read a 28.17 MB file and have 26.1 GB Available memory space and 28.0 GB Capacity memory space.

Not sure if Availabe and Capacity memory space on the iPad 3 are related to the issue but I should be able to read this 404 page manual with no problems - but "Out of memory" is preventing me from viewing this document.

Keep working your magic Adobe! Not there yet.

Looking forward to another update. :)

Keep us posted with progress.

LEXGS3

Here is the manual link I was referring to - Canon 5D Mark III http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300007348/01/eos5dmkiii-im-c-en.pdf Cheers, Message was edited by: LEXGS3

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to hal4736

Thank you for the sample file! We are actively working on the issue (though as I said, it may take some time to get right).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 5:15 PM   in reply to Smstadler

Adobe Reader is the ONLY reason i have an ipad

Does the Acrobat pro (paied version) has the same problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Adrian_from_London

Adobe Acrobat is not available for iPad.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to Bernd Alheit

Adobe CreatePDF i ment

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to Smstadler

Any further info on fixing the problem, it's a real pain.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to Adrian_from_London

Adobe CreatePDF is not intended for viewing/reading PDF's. It is intended for creating pdfs from other documents. I do not know of any issues with that product on the iPad 3, however it won't solve the problem described here since it isn't intended for viewing pdf documents. I don't have an update on the timeline for a fix. We are actively working on it and testing it. I expect that the problem will be fixed for the document shared in our next release.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Smstadler

We just released a new version that should fix most out of memory issues on the new iPad. It also adds a host of new features like commenting, form filling and ink signatures. Please update and let us know what you think.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-reader/id469337564?mt=8

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

THANK YOU!!!!

My 404 page manual can now be read! :)

No errors!

Wahoo!!!

Love it!

Thanks again,

LEXGS3

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to LEXGS3

I hope you enjoy the camera too =). It looks great!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

It's a great update!!! This is how applications developed by Adobe are supposed to be. I really like the annotation feature. Well done!!!

Now I'm just waiting for the two-page view. And I hope selecting texts could trigger the built-in dictionary in iOS (just like what Safari and iBooks does), cuz I read Japanese papers from time to time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 8:44 PM   in reply to Keny Woo

We have definitely heard others request the dictionary support too. I'm hopeful we'll have this in another release.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

It looks like that annotation does not work on Japanese documents. I tried several files, one made by Acrobat Pro, another by LaTeX.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points