Skip navigation
<PDG\>
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Pro 9.5.0 crashes on ClearScan OCR but not Searchable Image OCR

Apr 10, 2012 11:05 PM

Tags: #acrobat #ocr #acrobat_9_professional #clearscan #searchable_image

I have Windows and Mac copies of Acrobat Pro 9.5 running on my computer (both version 9.5.0). My computer is an iMac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) with the Parallels hypervisor, version 7.0.15055 installed, in which is running Windows XP. As at 11 April 2012, these versions are all the most recent version of the respective software.

When I try to apply OCR to a scanned image, and select ClearScan as the option, Acrobat Pro 9.5 (Mac) crashes but Acrobat Pro 9.5 (Windows) does not. When it crashes, Acrobat Pro 9.5 (Mac) produces a VERY long problem report which is sent back to Adobe.

In order to apply OCR to a scanned image in Acrobat Pro 9.5 (Mac), I am forced to change the OCR option from ClearScan to Searchable Image, but this results in a larger file.

I am aware of the thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/920032#4000947 but this has not helped, because I have reformatted the hard drive of my Mac (wiping out all remnants of previous versions of Acrobat), and reinstalled Acrobat Pro 9.5, but the problem persists.

Can anyone explain the different behaviour and offer a solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to

Acrobat 9 is not supported on MAC 10.7

Hence there is nothing much we can do about it. To use OCR functionality on MAC 10.7, please use Searchable Image else please upgrade to Acrobat 10.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points