Skip navigation
k@tpinions
Currently Being Moderated

Bug report: Eye droper tool doesn't work with multiple files

Apr 10, 2012 11:02 PM

Tags: #error #bug #tool #eye #photoshop_cs6 #cs6_beta #photoshop_cs6_beta #cs6-beta #droper

I often work with multiple files at a time to create buttons and such. I have a reference file and the files that I need to make changes to. In CS5, I can sample colour between the various files but in beta I had to resort to copying and pasting the colour code. Had the files tiles side by side. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:29 PM   in reply to k@tpinions

Could you give the steps you would normally use in cs5, like do you have the color picker dialog open or.......?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 12:19 AM   in reply to k@tpinions

Howdy. I opened up two photos in CS6 and tiled them side by side and added a new layer to the first one on the left. When I select the eyedropper while the left picture is active, and then click on a color on the picture on the right, I am then able to select the paintbrush and paint with that color directly on the left picture.  This is the behavior I would expect. Is this what you did? Can you try the exact same thing and see if it works for you? It appears to work properly here.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points