Skip navigation
Meta Heavies
Currently Being Moderated

Bug - Selecting multiple text boxes shows incorrect point size (Mac 10.6.8)

Apr 10, 2012 9:16 PM

Tags: #photoshop #text #6

I have multiple text boxes, all with text of the same point size (24pt)

When I select more than one box witht the arrow select tool, and then switch to the text tool, the point size shows as 3.63pt.

If I then change the point value to the new value, (for example, to 22pt) the text actually renders much larger - over 100pt.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to Meta Heavies

I created 3 text boxes on 3  layers and  using the move tool with shift to select them all. I clicked the text tool and changed the font size in the character panel. The text in all 3 boxes changed from 48 to 58 and seemed to display properly.

Is this basically what you did?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to Meta Heavies

If you happened to perform a transform on the text with several layers selected, then there is a known bug there.

See this for reference: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4306413#4306413

Any chance you did that?

I can't seem to find an issue with what you described, however.  If it happens again, please let me know and list your workflow.

Thanks-

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Meta Heavies

I'm also experiencing these issues on Window 7, so it's not specific to the Mac version of the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to IsaacFowler

Isaac-

Can you reproduce your text  issue? If so, please list the steps necessary to reproduce it and I will try them here.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Pattie F

I can reproduce it by creating a few text items, selecting them all then re-sizing them with free transform, and then they have the before-mentioned issue.

The issue being that if a I mutliple text items with a font-size of say 18pt and select them all it will say my font-size is 15.6 pt (roughly, I don't have it open now) but if I select the text items individually it will say 18pt. What's really weird is that if I select all of them and change the font-size to 18pt it will then say 18pt, but it actually resizes them to 15.6pt which is aparent when you select a text item individually... and also if you create a separate text item at 15.6pt and compare you'll realize they're the same size. But group selecting them just displays the wrong font size?

It's very weird behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Pattie F

Let me know if that's still unclear and I'll attempt to do a screen-capture of the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to IsaacFowler

as I mentioned above, there is a bug if you select several layers and then transform the text. See this link for a good explanation of the issue:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4306413#4306413

I have already logged a bug on this.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:29 AM   in reply to Pattie F

Yes I did read your message, I just was confirming that it also occurs on windows as the OP said it was a Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 5:40 PM   in reply to IsaacFowler

Yes, it appears to be in both.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status