Skip navigation
msgoldsworthy
Currently Being Moderated

Why does a line appear when deleting in tables?

Apr 10, 2012 1:48 AM

Whenever I delete a row or column at the end of a table a strange black line appears, I have to keep going back to strokes and fills to adjust the table to have I want it. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 09.43.02.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 2:47 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

Go to Windows-->Styles-->Table styles and Cell styles, check the settings there make them as you wanted , may be default settings are getting applied on the line when you delete the last row.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 4:37 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

It works fine at my end..Which Indesign veriosn are you using and in which OS

Have you tried creating the new table in the fresh new document and checked ,,,does it behave in teh same manner.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

My suspicion would be that you have a Table style applied that has a border onthe bottom row, and that the style was aorigianlly overridden to remove it. Dleting the last row would remove the overridden cells, and the bortder would re-establish, but that's just a guess.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

If you want to post the file somewhere, one of us will take a look and see if we can figure it out. I'm doing Kithcen renovations this week, myself, so It won't be until I knock off for the day for me, but one of the others may be able to give you a faster answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

Your link is damaged. Please zip the file first, then upload it again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

Not able to open teh file , it says the file is damaged.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

I've got the file, but I'm not sure what you are trying to show me. It's a single frame with a blank table. The table has a 1 point stroke applied as the right and bottom border.

In order to help you I'm going to need to see the file the table that is giving you a problem. I'll need to have it as you want it it to appear so that I can try to delete a row and see what happens. It does no good if you've already deleted the row and not reset the strokes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:02 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

While you would do well to actually set up a custom set of cellstyles and a table style for this, I was able to solve the problem in your file by going to Window > Type and Tables > Table Styles, then selecting the [Basic Table] style, right clicking and choosing Edit [Basic Table]. Under Table Setup change the Table Border specifications so the stroke type is explicitly set to None. For some reason setting the weight to 0 is not sufficient here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:04 AM   in reply to msgoldsworthy

Checked you file and when we delete the row at the bottom the table border get added at the bottom ,

Select your table ,

Go to Table-->Table options-->Table Setup

In the dialog box , You will have a option under "Table border" :- "Weight" , which would be blank, enter "0 pt" in it and Click "OK"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points