Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Free Upgrade to CS6 with Purchase of CS5.5

Feb 21, 2013 11:19 AM

In case anyone is considering moving to CS5.5 now would be a good time.

 

Any CS5.5 purchase now gets a free upgrade to CS6 when it ships.

 

 

Bob

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Thanks for the info on the upgrade offer Bob. I was going to wait for CS6, as I have CS5 Web Premium.. but this is an offer I simply can't refuse.. Thanks Adobe! 

     

    ...and much appreciation for the great info you provide to the community Bob..

     

    Doug

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 9:37 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Why not just wait? Or is CS6 likely to cost more?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 4:01 AM   in reply to hotrod4x5

    Pricing is not yet announced for CS6, but if you buy CS5.5 you get to use that while you wait for CS6, and you can take your time moving to CS6 until the first service update is released if you're one of those folks who likes to let other users find the bugs that got missed during testing. There's almost always a bug-fix update in the first 90 days or so.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Are there system requirements listed for CS6? Currently have an iMac i7 running 10.6.8. Thanks for the notification on the upgrade!!!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Ah: cool. Tx!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Actually, although Vista won't be listed as supported by CS6, there will be nothing in the installers or the executables that will prevent it from installing and running. It simply isn't be tested and officially supported in the Vista environment that not-too-surprisingly enough has an exceptionally small user base compared to Windows 7 and even Windows XP.

     

              - Dov

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

    Why not just wait? Or is CS6 likely to cost more?

    Pricing is not yet announced for CS6, but if you buy CS5.5 you get to use that while you wait for CS6, and you can take your time moving to CS6 until the first service update is released if you're one of those folks who likes to let other users find the bugs that got missed during testing. There's almost always a bug-fix update in the first 90 days or so.

     

    Another reason not to wait is that if you do any work with other people, they are unlikely to all upgrade to CS6 at the same time.

    Since new releases of InDesign cannot directly save old version files, you'll need to export files from CS6 to IDML and run the risk that the export might be imperfect -- if you need to work with other people.

    But if you buy CS5.5 now (and get the free upgrade to CS6), then you'll have CS5.5 and you can use it if you need, to when working with others.

     

    Also:

    Are there system requirements listed for CS6? Currently have an iMac i7 running 10.6.8. Thanks for the notification on the upgrade!!!

    I can't really imagine a processor as new as a Core i7 would not be supported. You should be fine.

    Similarly, there's a huge installed base of Snow Leopard, so that should also be fine.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

    we upgraded to master collection 5.5, do we get free upgrade in this case?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,122 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 7:23 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Have there been any changes to the subscription model announced in November? Will it still be $50 per month?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Rob Day

    Rob,

     

    I don't think that has changed. Here is a link to an interesting article on CNET.com this morning on the reaction of Adobe's customers to the Creative Cloud offering:

     

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-57406922-264/stormy-reception-for-ad obes-creative-cloud/?tag=mncol;editorPicks

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Bob,

     

    Just to be perfectly clear - because I'm wary of the word PURCHASE used. If I UPGRADE my CS5 to CS5.5 today (31 March), do I qualify for a free upgrade to CS6?

    Thanks

    Keith

    United Kingdom.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to Keith1953

    That certainly is my understanding, and the way it has worked in the past.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Hi Bob,

     

    CS5.5 upgrade now purchased.

     

    Thanks

    Keith

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 6:20 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    If we buy the academic version CS5.5 now, are we going to get a new boxed version of CS6 when it comes out? Is Adobe going to ship the boxed version to our home or will it be just an update via the internet?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

    I'll preface this with, I know this is an InDesign thread, but I came here from an external link.  However, my question my be pertinent to other CS owners.  My question is, if I upgrade from Production Premium CS5 to CS5.5, receive the free upgrade to CS6, would I still have to pay full price for creative cloud?  They've been mum on any 'upgrade' pricing with respect to CC and previous versions, just saying it's going to be $50/month.  And what if I upgrade to CS5.5 Master Collection, essentially paying $800 for that upgrade?  Would I get CS6 CC free for the first year or something?

     

    Basically I don't feel comfortable upgrading to get the free update to CS6 if I have to turn around and pay full price for Creative Cloud once it's released.  If I have to pay $50/month starting out with no upgradibility, I might as well wait and just get a new license through CC when it comes out.  $600/year would still be cheaper then purchasing an upgrade to Master Collection collection now.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

     

    Thanks in advance!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Heh!  No biggie, that's what I figured.  I think I'll just wait for CC.  Can't afford to spend $400-800 without knowing if I'll have to spend another $200-600. 

     

    -Chip

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to electro_chip

    I would presume that the two are totally separate. The upgrade offer is for a "perpetual license" and Creative Clooud is a subscription product. Apples and oranges, as it were.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)