Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tutorial Video packages worth the money ?

Apr 10, 2012 7:28 PM

Tags: #tutorials

I'm trying to learn After Effects and having a lot of difficulty getting anywhere with it. Are any of the available tutorial video packages worth the money ?

steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to Steve HomeMovies.Ca

I recommend a few getting-started resources here:

http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

There are free resources linked to from that page, as well as a few things that are not free.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:22 AM   in reply to Steve HomeMovies.Ca

Hi Steve,

I also started with After Effects only about a month ago, and have found the Andrew Devis collection to be brilliant. it is also a good idea, not to forget Youtube! :-)

I found many tutorials there that deal with similar scenes i am going to be working with. I find that runnign through some of the tutorials gives me a good idea of the basics of the specific tools, then I manipulate it around what i am trying to achieve.

well, good luck..

Pierre Devereux

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Steve HomeMovies.Ca

I find Linda.com particularly good quality. 

Andrew Kramer's stuff at Videocopilot.net is very accessible, with lots of free stuff.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to Steve HomeMovies.Ca

Buy two books, pick any two current editions by Tish Meyer or Angie Taylor or Adobe's CIB series. The books come with tons of video tracks but they offer a far more linear learning experience ad you can always open the index and find what you need.

Are they worth the money? Absoltuely. But the trend these days from beginners with AE is they expect it to be an easy app to learn and they expec t their instruction to be free. The best instruction I received for AE was in person in schoolroom situations where I could interact with other users.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to bogiesan

Learn everything you can and make up your mind to spend money to learn, whatever you can buy, buy it, it will be worth it. I've come to realize that in each and everyone of those tutorials or books there is some little trick you can use for bigger stuff later on. So its all worth to learn all of the books, tutorials, and you tube.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points