Skip navigation
topic92
Currently Being Moderated

why does Adode elements only allow 15 min vids

Apr 11, 2012 6:51 AM

anybody know how to change the time limit on uploading to youtube as my account has no limit on time length of video i can post, but on this program your limited to 15 mins,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to topic92

The limit was imposed by YouTube. Once, YouTube only allowed a 10 min. Duration. Then, they allowed longer Durations, with special accounts. When PrE 10 was designed, it adhered to the, then current YouTube allowables.

If your YouTube accounts permits longer files, just Export/Share with the YouTube settings, and then manually upload the longer file via your YouTube account.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 7:06 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

This FAQ Entry will give you all of the info needed for a YouTube Export/Share.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 9:39 PM   in reply to topic92

Hoping Adobe will see this:  Premiere Elements should have a way to recognize when the user (me) has an upgraded account at YouTube that is permitted to post videos longer than 15 minutes.  I expect PE10 to upload these videos automatically, and having to do it manually is a PITA.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to DressageVid

As we point out almost every day, this is a user-to-user forum.

If you want to contact Adobe, you need to click the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of every page on this web site.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to DressageVid

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:46 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Thank you, John, for supplying a direct link to submit a Feature Request to Adobe.  It's very helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to topic92

Hi,

This is something which is a limitation of the youtube.

youtube only supports the video upto 2GB and upto 15 minutes.

You also might like to read this for your interest.

http://youtube-global.blogspot.in/2010/07/upload-limit-increases-to-15 -minutes.html

Hope it Helps

Regards

\m/      

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:28 PM   in reply to tech_kid_11

Hi, Tech Kid.  Yep, I realize YT has the limit you describe for “non-verified” members, but it’s easy to become verified.   Quoting from the Google help page on this:

All users have the ability to upload videos up to 15 minutes in length. You can attain the ability to upload longer length videos if:

a.. Your account is in good standing, as determined by the YouTube Community Guidelines.

b.. You verify your account with a mobile phone.

c.. Your account has no worldwide Content ID blocks on any content

On the upload page, click the link to Increase your limit to be prompted to verify your account. If you do not have the option to verify your account, or if you lose your access to long uploads, the best first step is to check your account for copyright claims and strikes.

URL for this page is: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=71673

At some point, it would be great if those of us who are “verified users” with increased uploading permission could do so automatically through PE.

Cheers,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:30 PM   in reply to tech_kid_11

TechKid – I sent that email before signing off, sorry.....

Cheers,

Jamie

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to DressageVid

At some point, it would be great if those of us who are “verified users” with increased uploading permission could do so automatically through PE.

I cannot address how PrE 11 might handle YouTube Accounts, but it could possibly allow longer Duration uploads - until YouTube expands on that Duration, and then it will likely be the next version, that will allow for that too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points