Skip navigation
DanMilham
Currently Being Moderated

My Bridge Crashes

Apr 11, 2012 6:51 AM

Tags: #bridge #cs6_beta

On my 2008 iMac running OS Lion Bridge CS6 will crash when I try to change the view, i.e. ascending to descending. Anyone else see this or know of a solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to DanMilham

What video card are you using?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 11, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to DanMilham

On my 2008 iMac running OS Lion Bridge CS6 will crash when I try to change the view

According to some specs I found your graphic card has 512 MB VRAM, is that correct on your system?

How much RAM have you installed and do you have the latest OS (10.7.3)?

Did you already tried to restart Bridge holding down option key and reset preferences?

How much free space is left on your start up disk?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 11, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to DanMilham

Just tried restart with preferences reset and crash happens each time I try to change the view. ?!?

Also try a purge cache for folder using the menu Tools/ cache/ purge cache for folder.

And look at the bug report on the Adobe Lab site, you are using a beta version...

But in general this is not a common problem and more likely due to your install. Maybe deactivate, official uninstall and reinstall (even new download for beta CS6) might also help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to DanMilham

Did this same setup work before, or has it always crashed?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to DanMilham

Not an expert here, but your machine is probably just too old.  With each new software version it seems like it takes more horsepower.

With only 4 gigs of ram  you are handicaped. 

If you are interested in utilizing all of the features of CS5 and CS6 seems like a 64 bit platform, a fast video card, and minimium of 6-8 gigs of ram is required.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 11, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to DanMilham

I fear you are correct. Much as I hope to get a newer iMac this year it isn't aquired for pocket change.

I have to disagree on your Mac being to old. Your Mac is still fairly young (just or not even 4 full years!!) and does meet the minimum requirements (multicore intel, 1 GB RAM and 512 MB VRAM and to my knowledge the 8800 GS does support OpenGL)

Curt is right that wanting to profit from all options you could do with more RAM (believe 6 GB is Max for your iMac) and graphic cards don't last forever so investing in a new one together with an extra 2 GB Ram should bring you back to speed.

But did you try PS already and are you able to use Open GL (look under the preferences performance tab to see if it is selected).

And I still think there is something different causing your problem, have you tried to point to another folder, was that possible and successful?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points