Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is everything I import from Photoshop pixelated?

Apr 10, 2012 3:44 PM

I'm using both Adobe After Effects CS5 and Adobe Photoshop CS5 and no matter what I import from Photoshop, wheather it'd be an image or text or anything, it is always pixelated.. It has nothing to do with the size because no matter what the scale is, it's always pixelated.. I'll create an image in Photoshop and then save it as either a .jpeg or a .png file and when I import them to After Effects they are very pixelated to the point where you can't make out what the image is.. Is there a setting I need to change or something? I need help fast.. Please help Adobe Community!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to darklight7

What resolution are your Photshop images? 

What resolution are the comps you create in After Effects? 

Once placedin an AE comp, are the images always set to a scale of 100% or less?

Is the viewer set to full resolution at 100% size? 

Are you previewing with OpenGL? (You shouldn't be, for now.)

Have you set the preview preferences to Best Quality?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Andrew Yoole wrote:

Are you previewing with OpenGL? (You shouldn't be, for now.)

FOR NOW?  Hmmmmm, that's a telling comment.  Perhaps its genesis will be revealed at NAB. 

Frankly, I don't know one way or the other.  I haven't read many of the emails waiting at home from Adobe because I don't get on my home email very frequently.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to darklight7

No, sorry, no impending surprises there.  I simply didn't want to muddle the answer with an explanation of the pros and cons of OpenGL.  I was just removing a potential problem from the workflow.

But with NAB next week, I've no doubt we WILL be talking about CS6 very soon.  :-)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points