Skip navigation
btbarefoot11
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS5 keeps crashing when trying to open (windows 7)

Apr 11, 2012 9:09 AM

Tags: #cs5 #error #indesign #indesign_cs5

I have the master suite collection and have no issues with the other programs. I don't use InDesign as much as some of the other programs, but now I am trying to use it, and it will not open. The purple box comes up saying that it is initializing, then I get RunTime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. After reading a few posts on the forums I tried to update with the 7.0.4 patch, however, this has done nothing for me. I would reinstall but my Adobe account is no longer showing my download info for my purchase.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 5:05 AM   in reply to btbarefoot11

So you are saying you don't have your serial number recorded and when you go to "My Adobe" your purchase is not listed?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to btbarefoot11

Are you sure you've logged in with the same ID? YOu might call customer service and see if they can find the order, too.

As far as fixing what's wrong, it does sound like a bad install. You could try running the installer again without uninstalling first, and it might recognize the existing serial number (select repair in the installer), but the odss of it actually working are about 50/50 at best, I think.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points