Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Amazon AppStore - Pending because of IAP

Mar 28, 2012 1:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm using the last version of the builder (v1.9).

I've create an APK for Amazon using the Viewer Builder, and the "Amazon Appstore" template.

I've created an Amazon Developer account, created a new app, uploaded the apk.

Amazon just reviewed the app. The magazine if 'pending' because of this:

"We have received your application that uses our In-App Purchasing API; however we are unable to commence testing until your IAP items have been submitted through your Developer Portal account. Please complete the submission of your IAP items at your earliest convenience or remove the Amazon IAP permission from your manifest.

Please correct the issue(s) we found with your app submission."

My magazine is a free multi-folio application. But I guess that IAP are mandatory on the Amazon app store.

Few questions:

1) Can I upload a classic "Android Market" apk on the Amazon appstore?

2) My magazine is free. IAP are mandatory ?

3) Is there any official process to get IAP with Amazon? I can't find anything on the web.

4) I saw that "DPS tips" is on the Kindle Fire. Can you share how it has been processed?

Thanks

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 28, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to MichaelChaize

Michael - I got this exact same message yesterday from Amazon when I submitted my free DPS Tips app. Amazon approved it previously, but now they rejected it for the same reason. Currently, the Viewer Builder enables in-app purchases for all apps. Either Amazon needs to stop rejecting free viewer apps, or we need to add a setting in Viewer Builder to indicate the viewer is free. Someone from the DPS team is talking to the Amazon reps. I'll let you know what I find out. Sorry about the inconvenience.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 5, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to MichaelChaize

Amazon approved the viewer app I submitted. It looks like they will no longer reject free apps even though they're enabled for in-app purchases. They're still working out the details of their IAP beta program. Please let us know if your app is rejected due to this IAP issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 11, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to MichaelChaize

I think that's that way Amazon does things. They notify you that they approve it for Appstore first, and then a few days later they silently approved it for the Fire. DPS Tips is now available on the Fire (though I still haven't gotten around to updating the renditions).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points