Skip navigation
qhman
Currently Being Moderated

File size baloons from a small paste into a pic?

Apr 11, 2012 5:22 AM

I have PSE6; I edited a pic that is 1.8mb file size; I selected a face from another pic, copied it, and pasted it into the first pic. the size of the pic went to 39mb; what caused it to baloon up so high just pasting in a small part of the pic?  How do I paste a face into a pic and not have the file size get so large.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to qhman

Probably when you paste you are creating a new layer which increases the document size. Try clicking the top menu Layer à Flatten Image and then re-save.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to qhman

Are you comparing the original file with the psd file after adding the face? PSD files are much larger than the original. For example, I opened a 1344 KB jpg and saved it as a psd file with no changes. The psd file was 25,596 KB.  And as 99jon said, any layers you add increase the size way more. If this is the situation you have, save the psd file back into the original format.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to qhman

The Adobe web site has tutorials. Also, if you Google for a particular PSE tool or project you will find a wealth of hits including YouTube videos. For example, "photoshop elements drop shadow",  "photoshop elements light saber effect", and of course "photoshop elements tutorials"

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to qhman

You can watch online tutorials at tv.adobe.com and you can also visit www.lynda.com where in u can watch online video tutorials

Adobe Help files are the best help u can find when you try to work on your projects on adobe products

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points