Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .SWFs for HTML 5

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is at all possible. I recently took over a position where the previous method for posting tutorials was exporting .swfs from Captivate- all video controls are scripted in. We now want to move away from swfs, exporting in Mp4 then converting to Ogg and Webm as well for HTML 5. However, nobody kept the origonal project files. Is there anyway to convert the exported .swfs or decompile and remove the action script?

I have attempted to use SWFTools and SoThink SWF decompiler. SoThink was able to export a .FLA that I could export as .mov or .avi and convert forward from there. However, none of the .FLAs worked. Images were incomplete, slides stayed to long, while others were missing. It was a failure.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Lord knows I've asked and asked for a Captivate decompiler until I look like a Na'vi by being blue in the face. But alas, there has never been one created. If you feel one should exist, you (as well as any others I could possibly recruit) should use the Wish Form to ask for it. Perhaps if enough of us ask, Adobe will finally relent and give us one.

Wish form link is in my sig...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thank you very much for your quick and accurate reply! I'll be stopping by the wish list ASAP.

Thanks again!

"Nothing's over while I'm breathing"

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can visit this link (Information about HTML 5 converter): http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/captivate_html5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, horror

you could convert swf to html5 with these two tools

1.Google Swiffy from https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/.

Swiffy converts Flash SWF files to HTML5, allowing you to reuse Flash content on devices without a Flash player (such as iPhones and iPads). Swiffy can't yet convert DoubleClick Studio creatives.

Swiffy currently supports a subset of SWF 8 and ActionScript 2.0.

2.SWF to HTML5 Movie Maker from http://www.htm5-movie-maker.com.

SWF to HTML5 Converter is equipped with powerful conversion features for flash users converting .swf animations to HTML5 videos. After uploading all the created HTML5 files to your website successfully, you can enjoy the HTML5 videos on laptop, desktop, or portable devices using popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources