Skip navigation
Steve876
Currently Being Moderated

Flash 11.2.202.228 Is Seriously Nerfed !!

Apr 6, 2012 10:07 PM

Coming to this forum after noticing problems with my laptop after updating to 11.2.202.228 and subsequently reading the woes of many others, the only conclusion I can come to is that there's a serious problem with Flash 11.2.202.228 which is affecting many people and needs to be sorted out quickly!!

In my case, I've noticed that if I run the program that came with my computer to view my webcam (Acer Crystal Eye Webcam) the view is now seriously overexposed. If I use the Google Talk plugin, things are fine. I've also noticed that Youtube videos are seriously overexposed too. If I play videos in windowed mode (accelerated decoding, software rendering), they're fine. Switch to full screen (accelerated decoding and rendering) and they're messed up! Disabling hardware acceleration solves the problem, but I don't expect to be running without acceleration on a modern machine with everything up to date.

Here's the spec of my Acer 5750:-

Core i5 2430M

HD 3000 graphics using the latest Intel driver (8.15.10.2653)

8GB DDR3-1333 ram

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

DX11

Firefox 11.0 and IE9

Everything possible up to date

I always use this video to benchmark my machine to check everything is working fine:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw

There's lots of snow so the fact that it's overexposed with accelerated rendering is very apparent. I was using the beta version of 11.2 before the shipping version released, and things worked fine. I've tried installing 11.3 beta, but this doesn't solve the problem. I've also noticed that on another older laptop I look after (Core 2 Duo 2GHz, Geforce 9200M GS latest Nvidia drivers, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit, 4GB DDR2-800 ram), 11.2.202.228 works fine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to Steve876

You may have to wait until after the weekend.

Meanwhile you may want to file a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ - please post the bug id back here in the forum.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Definitely add the bug, please include your dxdiag report, specific URLs, and any additional steps we'll need to reproduce the problem.  Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration to see if that makes an impact?

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 6:14 PM   in reply to Steve876

In your original post you claim "latest Nvidia drivers"; can you be more specific and give the driver version and date?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 10, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to Steve876

Sorry I missed that line in your original post.  Long day and your original post contained a lot of information.  If disabling helps, then you are most likely running into a driver issue. 

Were you able to add a bug into the database?  We need the dxdiag report to test this properly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 11, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Steve876

Thanks Steve.

I'm trying to consolidate video issues that user's are encountering into a single thread with all relavent information so we can investigate.  The only thing we're missing from you is your dxdiag report.  Would you mind generating one of these and replying to the following thread with the contents and a link to this thread?

Video investigation with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 8, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to Steve876

Hi Steve,

Sorry you're still running into problems.  I took a look at the video investigation thread but didn't see a dxdiag report from you there.  Did you already send this to us?  If not, could you read the first post in this thread and follow the steps listed?

Video investigation with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points