Skip navigation
TrustSeg
Currently Being Moderated

Green display on Videos in Firefox

Apr 7, 2012 4:23 PM

Tags: #flash #youtube #green #screen

Hello,

since some days I have a problem with the flash player plugin in the Firefox browser. On some videos on YouTube I noticed that I get just a green screen. I still can hear the sound. In Internet Explorer and other browsers, however, the same videos (and all others) play well. I don't know what to do. I can't fix this.

I'm not sure if this happens only on YouTube. I didn't had the time to test other flash players on other websites. But since Internet Explorer don't has any problems at all, I don't think its a YouTube problem.

Here is one example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56wwc1xPreU&feature=related

flashproblem.png

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 10, 2012 6:43 PM   in reply to TrustSeg

In most cases, either updating to the newest video drivers or disabling hardware acceleration will resolve this bug.  In addition, please see this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 11, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

In an attempt to consolidate numerous threads about video problems with Flash Player 11.2.202.228 I've created a new post where I'd like to have people who are still encountering this issue to either post or link to an existing post with their information.

Video investigation with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

We're asking for 4 pieces of information

1. A brief explanation of the problem

2. Did disabling hardware acceleration fix the issue

3. A sample URL

4. A copy of your dxdiag report

If you've already provided all 4 answers to us, thank you and please take a minute and copy the URL of your post (right click on the highlighted title of your post as shown in the example screenshot below) and paste it as a reply so your input is not lost.

4-11-2012 12-02-01 PM.png

If you haven't provided these answers, we ask that you take a few minutes and create a new post with the required information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points