Skip navigation
RightOar
Currently Being Moderated

Why does RH 9 project get hung up in trial version?

Apr 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Hi all,

I've been using RoboHelp 9 HTML and Internet Explorer 7 with no problems. However, our department is upgrading to IE 8 soon and asked that I test its compatibility with a trial version of RH 9 (on a different machine). When I opened up my existing project in the trial version, I experienced hang ups and had to close out several times due to a "not responding" status. I had similar problems when updating linked Word docs and viewing the primary layout. When I started a "blank" project, the response time was very fast and everything was smoother. I'm not sure if this is related to IE 8 or not. Any thoughts on why it would get hung up on my existing project?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to RightOar

Hi there

Where is the existing project located? If you say it's on a network drive, that's likely the cause. But if it's on a local C drive, odds are something else is afoot. Is source control involved?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to RightOar

You seem to be confusing RH9 with the help output that RH can create - that's what you're interested in testing, right? Why would you need to get a RH9 trial, when you're already using RH9. You just want to take your WebHelp output and try it out with IE9 to see how it's going to behave.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to RightOar

(a) don't trust the view directly from RH after generating - it can be non-representative of what a client will see

(b) just copy your WebHelp folder from the project's \!SSL!\ folder to the machine that's running whatever browser you want - you're not locked down to having to have RH9 on the same machine

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points