• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sick and tired of having to reinstall Adobe Flash Player everytime I restart my computer.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the Latest Flash player 11.2on Windows 7 64bit with IE 9 and McAfee antivirus and this problem has been going on for at least a year. I keep hoping that a new version of flash player will solve the problem but after a year I am just sick of problems with Flash. (I hate Steve Jobs but I'm beginning to share his view of Flash.) Every time I start my laptop I have to reinstall Flash to view any videos or flash content on the web. I always get a message that I need to update my flash player and I have already updated it a million times. After I update it works until I restart the machine. I searched for solutions on Google, Adobe Forum and tried all the different suggestions but the problem continues. I've tried using other Antivirus programs but the problem continues. It doesn't matter if I use the 32 bit or 64 bit IE. It's always the same problem. Why can't Adobe find a solution to this problem? People have been complaining about the problem since Flash Player 9. I've experienced the problem since Flash player 10. I'm wondering if Adobe is doing it intentionally just to increase the number of downloads for the Adobe Flash player and every time I have to deselect the stupid Google bar. Maybe Adobe is just trying to make more money off Google by forcing me to reinstall two or three times a day?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you're encountering permission problems with possibly a file, folder or registry key.  Could you run through the following steps to help us understand better what is going wrong?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4311497#4311497

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all your instructions but the problem continues. I really don't understand why Adobe can't find a solution to this problem, which from indications on the web has been around for a couple of years now. I've never experienced anything similar from any other software. You'd think they would look take something like this seriously. I can only guess they like people coming back to their website and re-installing their software twice a day but I HATE IT. I use CS4 to create flash but I'm going to take some HTML5 courses, this is just ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're going to need to do a bit more investigation to try and figure out what's going on with your system.  Can you go through the steps I've outlined in this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4311497#4311497

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the installation file ends with aih.exe and I just click on the run button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending me the logs.  It looks like your 32-bit installer log might be corrupted.  Could you try doing a clean install, making sure to delete the contents of the macromed\flash folders to see if that makes a difference?

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, why would it be a 32bit installer? I'm running windows 7 64bit? And when I try and run the 32 bit uninstaller I get an error message saying I need to run the 64bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have explained more.  You do indeed want to use the 64 bit installer, it's just that this installer actually installs both the 32 and 64-bit versions of Flash Player.  The 32 bit version of Flash Player is kept in the syswow64\macromed\flash folder and the 64 bit version is in system32\macromed\flash.

I'm a bit concerned that this might not help, given that you see the same behavior for both 32 and 64 bit versions of IE, but doing a clean install can't hurt and should hopefully fix the install log issue I see in the reports you sent me.

If you can, please generate another set of logs after doing the uninstall and folder/file deletions.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the application and deleted the contents of the Macromedia folder IN BOTH the SysWow64 and the System32 folders. I also deleted the reg key you suggested to another user: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash. I then re-installed the latest adobe flashplayer directly from Adobe using the run button. Still have the same problem. I've generated new flashreport files and attached them. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving it a try.  Unfortunately the attachments didn't come through.  Would you mind emailing them to me again at ccampbel@adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I thought I had included them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  I received them this time and have forwarded them to one of our installer engineers for their review.  I'll let you know what they have to say.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it the installer engineers haven't found a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a FAQ that I hope will help in your situation.  Could you give this a try and let me know how it works out?

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also instaled and re-installed the latest updare and it still doesn't work - I a using IE9 and Windows 7.  Can you tell me what the problem is? I have been trying t use it for days now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've spent days, literaly, and never found a solution. I finally gave up. A simple google search will reveal how wide spread flash installation issues are and  yet the engineers at Adobe don' take the problem seriously. They don't make any real effort to get to the bottom of the problem. How come every other software company can get the installation right and adobe can't, is beyond me. I've had problems installing other adobe software as well, such as Adobe Elements. Personally I switched to windows 8 and flash is working fine with IE 10. Good look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@asp76 - What error are you getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what I did but it's working now.  I restored settings in internet options! it worked after I did that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@asp76 - Excellent, glad you were able to solve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eight months later and with NO help from Adobe. What ever happened to the help from the "installer engineers" that you mentioned back in May. I'm sorry Chris but Adobe support horrid! You asked me to go to all the trouble of sending these log files, so they could be reviewed and then no one ever got back to me. If you ask me Adobe needs some new installer engineers. No other software has ever caused me so much trouble and if the last months are any indicator, these installer engineers just plain don't care. Unless some shakes things up in Adobe, they are going to make a lot of enemies! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resetting to the default settings in Internet Explorer?  Go to 'tools' - advanced - reset.  it worked for me.  I did get a reply from Chris but i had resolved it myself.  Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines