Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to have too many keyframes in one project in Premiere?

Apr 11, 2012 2:24 PM

Hi all,

I'm using Premiere 6 on a Windows 7 ULT machine.

Is it possible to have too many keyframes in one project in Premiere?

I'm getting app crashes when I try to re-open a certain project in Premiere 6 and it seems that if that file has over 93 keyframes, then it will not re-open.  But I can re-open that exact same project file with 93 keyframes in it, no problem.

But if I go any further and create any more keyframes than 93 in a new re-saved version of the exact same file, then that file will not re-open and I get an app crash... you can see screenshots of the two Windows app crash info panels below that I'm getting from three different bad Premiere project files that I've created so far.

I've tested and tested what is going on here and this seems to be what is causing the bad files.  I've re-created the scenario and re-created files with over 93 keyframes from the same base project file that will still open... as soon as I get more than 93 keyframes in this file, then that newly saved file will not re-open after I close and try to re-open it.

This is 75 keyframes in one still image clip, 14 keyframes in another still image clip and 2 keyframes each in two other still image clips in a single project file... that is the limit... if I create any more keyframes in the clip that has 75 keyframes, the new file will save and render, but it won't re-open once it has been closed.

The two slightly different app crash info panels show, in the first one below,

"Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d"

... and the second one shows,

"Fault Module Name: PREMINFO.dll"

... both messages with a little more different info in each one.  I get either of the two error info panels when trying to re-open all three bad files that I've created with over 93 keyframes in them.  That is, two of the files alternate between giveing "StackHash_e98d" and "PREMINFO.dll" when trying to open them and one of them always shows the "Fault Module Name: PREMINFO.dll" error.

So even the error messages are inconsistent with two of the bad files.

I've searched the internet for this error in association with Premiere and I've also searched on this forum and found nothing.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

digi

PREMIERE_crashPANEL_10.jpg    PREMIERE_crashPANEL_12.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to digiday

I cannot speak for Pr 6.5, but I have one Project with over 3000 Still Images, and each has either Motion>Position, Motion>Scale, or both. I would guess that I have well over 9000 Keyframes, and have never had an issue.

Now, the Stills are spread over 19 Sequences, and I do not know if that makes a difference.

I am unfamiliar with the errors, but StackHash should be related to your Resources, and possibly an overflow of your Windows Virtual Memory?

Good luck, and wish that I could be of more help,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points