Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tool panel is stuck behind the menu bar

Apr 11, 2012 2:17 PM

For some reason, the top of my tool pallet/panel is now stuck behind the menu bar at the top of the screen. I can't access the top several tools or the "grab" strip at the top of the panel that allows me to re-position the panel. I've tried a number of workspace commands, closed and opened the tools panel, and restarted PS, but the panel stays put. Any ideas how to reset the panels or otherwise get a handle on this thing? I'm dead in the water till it's fixed.

Hidden tool panel.png

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to SSwayze

Can you choose a new workspace (e.g., through the Window menu)?  That ought to clear that up.

I suggest saving your preferred workspace under your own name, so that whenever anything gets out of place you can reset back to your known workspace.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to SSwayze

It is stuck behind the tool panel as it is no longer docked.  Grab the panel and drag to left until you see a blue line to dock it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to SSwayze

Also if you go to one of the fullscreen modes (F on the keyboard), the apple menu should disappear and you should be able to move the toolbox.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to SSwayze

Trashing your preferences will fix that.

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points