Skip navigation
DeniseDeSerio
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 9 Organizer no longer opens

Apr 11, 2012 5:54 PM

I've been using Elements 9 for about 6 months now with no problems at all. But now suddenly, I cannot access the organizer.  When I open Elements 9 and get the welcome screen with the option of "organize" or "edit" when I click "organize" the window just closes altogether.  When I select "edit" and try to get to the organizer from there (in the upper right corner) nothing at all happens. Help, please!  (I am running on Windows 7 64-bit).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 7:44 PM   in reply to DeniseDeSerio

Bypass the Unwelcome Screen by creating Desktop shortcuts for the Organizer and the Editor, and restarting your computer.

The Editor's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

The Organizer's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

The Unwelcome Screen leaves a zombie process running which prevents the actual program from launching again.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 1:41 AM   in reply to photodrawken

Is there a similar work around for Premiere Elements 9? I could not find one in the forum for PE9.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to dkfl44

I couldn't tell you, since I don't have PRE installed.  You can try searching for its executables under .\Adobe....

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points