anyone found a way to do this in BC?

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 5:40 PM   in reply to Luke_Samuels

BC does not look through that data as part of its search,
    I do not think you will be able to grab that information.

I can see one posibility with Ajax on page load but that is very complex for the worth of having it show.

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,679 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Apr 11, 2012 5:44 PM   in reply to Liam Dilley

Liam is correct, Luke. BC doesn't index that info. Maybe you can consider creating a web app for the autors and imbedding the web app item into the bottom of your blog post. It's a bit of extra work, but them this info will be indexed and you can have author bio pages as well.

Cheers,

-mario

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 11, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to mario_gudelj

But that will pull up the detail view in the search results rather then that layout and the link will be to the web app Mario
    So you would get staff up but you would have to rethink it work on a full Bio page for them if you wanted them to show up in search results.

Other option is to not use the BC search Luke but integrate a google search for your site. It will search the pages content (all of it) and that would also include the Bio. BUT this would be in the google search results and not show that information in the results view, it would just pick up that information.

The ajax thing I mentioned was to loop through the results, read them, if they were blog posts go Ajax fetch from the links page and find the Author information from that and then inject it into the result. It would be seamless (small flicker, slow down the page load a bit) but it would work.
    The effort though to do that, bit to much for the results gained.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 11, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to Luke_Samuels

I would always ask why?
    Me looking at it... Search needs to be presented nice but people mainly read the titles. Think google. Most other information is not relevent. So is what they asking really needed and will it be useful for users in terms of how often it is used?
    Those normally are the key points, you know how clients can be with their crazy ideas

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 11, 2012 6:23 PM   in reply to Luke_Samuels

I do not think persons name etc stuff in search results will ever have bearing on rankings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points