• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer doesn't run - plz help

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download the Flash Installer and run it, and nothing happens. It is as if the program immeditately does an exit before it gets to the good part (installation!). I do not get the installation dialog, and I do not get an installation. I have tried running it as administrator, same result.

Downloading from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

the install file I get is: install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe (or install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe or install_flashplayer11x64ax_gtbp_chrd_aih.exe ... not sure why different attempts gave me a different file ... the last one was downloaded via MSIE, the others Mozilla FF)

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (I did make one download attempt with MS Windows Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 64 bit edition, same result)

I have uninstalled Flash. Actually, it seemed from the Flash debugging site that to begin with I already had the latest Flash, but Flash videos on YouTube etc were not working. So I started by trying installation (didn't work, installer didn't run), then uninstalled Flash, then tried installation again (same result). Now I have no Flash at all, and I can't install it. I have also rebooted several times and retried, no success. And I have run the installer with Firefox closed, no success.

I also just installed the Java update that Mozilla is insisting on for security reasons. That is my only guess for the initial cause of my problems, because my Flash was working yesterday (24 hours ago).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for the immediate problem ... I was able to run the installer and get Flash on. THANKS!

I can confirm Flash is now reinstalled here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html. This also confirms that it is version 11.2.202.228 for Windows 7 (64-bit).

Now, unfortunately, I am right back were I started. I have Flash, but YouTube and the Daily Show tell me I need to have Flash installed and enable JavaScript in order to watch a video. Both are true, yet I cannot play a video (and I might add, the YouTube page just looks like crap, like something from the WWW of 1994).

I now have the same video playing symptoms on both Mozilla FF and MSIE.

Could it be them not me? This all worked 24 hours ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the topic of my thread has been answered (thanks again), I have created a new topic for my continuing problem here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/988639

If you have any help for that problem, please post on that new thread, not this one. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines