Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live AV chat architecture

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have live AV chat app which assumes to have up to 50 online rooms with 500-600 people in each room. Our idea is only one people can broadcast video in the room, others will be able just see it.

We have quite strong server with 1Gbit/sec bandwidth. If we will get that average stream is 300kbit/sec, it means that we can support ~3,5k connections (1Gbit * 1024 * 1024 / 300 kbit). Is it correct? But actually, when we have more than 500 connections on server, time to time we get connection rejects. Any ideas?

Also, CPU and RAM usage is very low and I believe that server has enough resources to process more connections...

Another problem is when into one chat room we have more 100 people, video begins to slow down and twitch. What it may be and what should we do to avoid such behavior?

We use FMS 4.0 server and Centos 6 64bit architecture.

We tried to use origin/edge architecture, but it seems it quite useless with live broadcasting...

Please advice which architecture is the best for using such type of applications and what we must tweak in order to enhance our performance.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

we have the same issue with fms archtecture , and we are doing some research about the architecture of fms servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also use FMIS, but for many to many live streams (video chat rooms). And we are planning to put logic on FMIS, and streams on Flash Media Streaming Server, what do you think about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that must be changed is runtimesize in application.xml. It's only 1mb, increase as required.

I also have problems with a chat with >1500 users, connection drops and other stuff, ending to a "core has suffered 1 failure" and the core restarting and all the users being disconnected.

I think it's a matter of configuring the server just because there are plenty of server resources left, but I'm lost here like you are.

Maybe there's something to do with the maxiothreads (server.xml) I have posted recently.

Any help would be really appreciated as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to detect if connection is dropped because of FMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have no clue about this.

What I only know is that I'm having 1800 users connected and suddenly, it drops to 600 and eventually, to 0 (core no longer active)

But there is no log while the connections are dropped. No clues.

Seems that FMIS is not default configured to handle such amount of users and some tweaking is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, guys. But anyone of you got situation when one stream listen more than 100 people and it began to slow down and twitch. If you need some additional info let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines