Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 re-install problem after iMac crash repair

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

my iMac crashed a couple of weeks ago while I was ugrading from CS3 to CS5.5. Basically lost the drive along with all software on the mac. I have the newly repaired iMac back now but can't find the original install CS3 discs, so I can't re-install. I have the original serial numbers however and the $1000 upgrade but no discs. Does anyone know if adobe will re-issue my original software so I can re-install and then use the upgrade? I registered the software when I first purchased it. Tried contacting adobe but was continually let to the forum

thanks

Vital Sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Hi Vital,

Yes, proceed with the installation of CS 5.5. The setup screen would ask for the 5.5 serial numbner and when clicked on next would ask for the qualifying version. That would be your CS3 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have CS5.5 disk and the serial key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Arpit, thanks for getting back. I have the serial keys for the original CS3 disks, but don't have those disks any more. But, I now have the CS5.5 upgrade disks I just purchased with the serial keys that came with that purchased upgrade. Do you think I can re-install straight from the upgrade disks using my original CS3 serial keys?

thanks

Vital Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't require to install the older version(CS3) to upgrade to CS5.5. The important stuff is the serial number for both the version.

Download the CS 5.5 application from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ if you don't have the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Manish, thanks for the advice.

I just mentioned to Arpit that I have the serial keys for the original CS3 disks, but don't have those disks any more. But, I now have the CS5.5 upgrade disks I just purchased with the serial keys that came with that purchased upgrade. Do you think I can re-install straight from the upgrade disks using my original CS3 serial keys?

thanks for the advice

Vital Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right on businees with it....yes...go ahead and install CS5.5 upgarde at a stage it will ask you for the CS5.5 serial number once entered it will ask of rthe cs3 serial number put that in as well and enjoy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vital,

Yes, proceed with the installation of CS 5.5. The setup screen would ask for the 5.5 serial numbner and when clicked on next would ask for the qualifying version. That would be your CS3 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines