Skip navigation
KristaKoba
Currently Being Moderated

[JS CS5] Re order pages script not working for me

Apr 11, 2012 9:59 AM

Tags: #cs5 #javascript #scripting

Hi, I'm attempting to use the reorder script marked as the answer in this post :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/519470

My problem is that when it reorders the pages, it puts them all into one spread and errors once it reaches 10.

Some details on what I am doing -

It's an 18 page document, reorder is as follows:

Currently it's in spreads, but even when I turn off facing pages, move each page by itself and turn the master into one page, I still have the same error. I've been fighting with this a while, I've tried each of those by themselves as well.

In case you are curious about the order - this is a booklet, but the middle signature is 3 pages. I'm attempting to create a script that will take it from reader to printer spreads as "print booklet" will not work because of the 3 page signature (extra page is a fold out on finished product).

I'm fairly new to scripting and feel it must be something obvious I'm just missing.

Thank you for your time!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 2:24 AM   in reply to KristaKoba

@Krista – I suggest you ask in the thread you are pointing to with your link.
    No need to split the thread into two.

Now to your problem:

if all the pages end up in one spread it is no surprise that you get an error after page 10. The maximum page count of one single spread is 10.

Why do the pages go to one spread?
    It's pure speculation, but I think it has to do with some preconditions your spreads are in.
    Check for "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle" and "Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle".

Is "Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle" "off" or "on" for the particular spread where all pages are added?

And another question:
    what is the particular script you refer to? There are a couple of scripts in this thread from various authors.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to KristaKoba

@Krista – I suspect that goes in the category "Something has changed with CS5", a thread Harbs did bring to life back when InDesign CS5 was released.

We recently had a thread about problems with moving pages with different page sizes. This problem seems to be not solved yet. Not even tackled…

It would be good if you could provide the problem document, all pages empty, but otherwise unaltered, for testing.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:46 AM   in reply to KristaKoba

@Krista – Hm.

That link leads me to acrobat.com where I can sign in with my Adobe ID and then I'm looking (no surprise here) at my own account with my own files…

Uwe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points