Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The CS6 Icons are ugly!

Apr 12, 2012 3:30 AM

The CS6-Icons are really ugly!!!

With every new CS-version the Icons become uglier.... Please improve this...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 3:42 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

No software manufacturer can make changes based on vague and subjective requests.  What's your definition of ugly?  Keep in mind that what you think is ugly other people may really like.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

just don't bring back the feathers...

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 5:47 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

Christian, did you ever stop to think that maybe the folks who designed these icons might read this thread and be offended by your negative remarks?

Frankly, you're falling out of date with what is "modern" or "stylish" in the computer world, and personally I find the latest product/Ps icons rather nice.  Simple, recognizable...  Certainly they're not in any way offensive or distracting.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

I'm not sure if you're on a Mac or not, but when you have the new CS6 icons nicely placed on your dock, it all makes sense. And personally, after looking back at the CS5 icon, I now prefer the CS6 icon.

I was like you at first. I wasn't too fond of the change, but now I can see it's certainly for the best.

Please be a little bit more respectful in the forums. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to Howard Pinsky

the new CS6 icons nicely placed on your dock

CS6 icons look great in the Dock. Better than the "3-D-ish" look of CS5.

Compare them to my Office 2008 Dock icons... ugh! I've never gotten over seeing Word as a upper-case E fallen over.

myWord.gif

did you ever stop to think that maybe the folks who designed these icons might read this thread and be offended by your negative remarks?

Designers never get offended.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to charles badland

I loved the feathers!

and I like the "3D" CS5 icons surprisingly - and I think the CS6 icons are terrible.

so yes its very subjective - I just dont know why the icons need to change every version?

Luckily we can change the icons.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

hm ... besides that, everything else is ok?

jos

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to eclic

I loved the feathers!

The CS feathers looked fine large.

The problem was when all Adobe CS icons were small  in the dock, they looked so similar I couldn't remember what launched what.

Is InDesign the Leaf, or is that Leaf a Butterfly? Or is that Leaf a Flower? Wait, there are two Leaf icons? Or is that two Feathers? But what is launched with the Flower? Go Live? No that was a Star Fish... or maybe it is the Conch...

I thought it was a great move going tot the "periodic table-like" icons.

But I do miss the PS Eyeball!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:16 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

Christian1979de wrote:

The CS6-Icons are really ugly!!!

With every new CS-version the Icons become uglier.... Please improve this...

i like the icons but i would never call my son christian... so you see it is all very subjectiv.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

When CS5 came out, or maybe even earlier, there was a horrible outcry about the same thing, with some people actually quitting (so they said!) PS forever.

I have CS5 and 6 icons on my task bar and the ease in grabbing the right one is exceptonal.

Many years ago, I worked in a nuclear physics lab and the outcry about the radiation symbol was about the same. Then focal colors came along......eeek!

The more things change.....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

I agree that they are ugly.  However, you know you can change the look of the icons to anything you like very easily (at least on Mac computers).  Find icons you like by Googling "Free Icons".  Then, open the icon you like in preview, select all, and copy it to your clipboard.  Next, navigate to your Applications folder and find the Adobe application you wish to change.  Choose "Get Info" or Command I for the application.  When the Info window pulls up, click on the Icon in the top left corner and PASTE your clipboard.  This will change the icon for you.  You can also COPY the icons of older CS versions if you like those better.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

Of course, I personally hate the menu pallettes in Acrobat.  Anyone know a fix for that mess?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

Here's a support article on changing the icons:  http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2493

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points