Skip navigation
Flagelpater
Currently Being Moderated

Find People PROBLEMS?

Feb 1, 2012 8:22 AM

Am I asking too much? 

If I have photographs with my childern from age 1 through 40 in them, do you think I am confusing the software? 

Should I sequence the search from age one on up, at say, one year increments? 

When you tell it to IGNORE is it just for that pass? 

Why does it constantly miss the obvious, known, face and ask about the bend in the chair that is not even a person?

What does it look for? 

Is there a better way to TAG People?

I have read the manual and found no help.

Thank you in advance.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to Flagelpater

I always tag people manually with a key word. I’ve turned off face recognition and auto-analysis and things generally run much more quickly. I never get bothered with “Who is this?“ If it’s only family and not tagging photos for clients is not such a big job.

Facial recognition software is still relatively new and has some development way to go.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to Flagelpater

Hi,

I beg to differ. I have PSE10 and its people recognition works just fine. Ofcourse side profiles and images taken over different years for a person are not recognised well, which is acceptable considering the fact that face recognition s/w does have some limitations as of now.

Can you please elaborate what workflow you are aiming at?

Thanks

andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Flagelpater

I have used PSE 9 and several versions before that. Compared to Picasa, face recognition in PSE has always been difficult to use and excruciatingly inaccurate. Lately it has stopped working completely. It tells me that all my selected photos have been tagged when they are not. I just upgraded to 10 to see if it would be any better and it is not.

I have been using Picasa for face recognition because it works so beautifully. Very accurate and easy to use. it recognizes children and grandchildren from infancy through adult – at an angle and in profile. I added keywords corresponding to the recognized faces, hoping they would carry over into PSE. However, I find that the keyword shows up in the metadata in PSE, but does not appear as a keyword tag in the Library browser. (Why not?) It's not a good solution.

I don't know if this starts a productive line of thinking for anyone, but I sure would appreciate any help that's available.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to Dallas Raby

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by Library browser?

Which version of PSE you have? Are you talking about Keyword Tags panel in the right hand side of the Organizer window?

The tags you have embedded in image metadata in Picasa should be present in the keyword tags panel under Imported keyword tags category.

Thanks

andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

I am using PSE 10. By Library browser, I meant simply the main organizer page. As you say, I have found that the tags added in Picasa do show up in the "imported keyword tags". That may have been happening in PSE 9 also and I just didn't notice it.

However, the program still does not recognize any faces. When I ask it to find faces for tagging, it tells me that there are no faces to tag or that all of my faces have been tagged, even though there are obviously thousands of untagged faces in the photos.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 5:39 AM   in reply to Dallas Raby

Okay..

You can try one thing in case EO is not recognizing people faces in your catalog.
    Go to location C:\Users\afatima\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\10.0\Organizer and rename the two files-

breeze_preprocess_config.xml

BreezeConfig.xml

Now in EO, repair and optimize your catalog by clicking File >> Catalog and selecting your catalog.

After doing this, try running Face recognition on some of the media and then all. See if it recognizes faces present in your catalog. Do let me know what happened on trying this.

Thanks

andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

No luck. I renamed them

breeze_preprocess_config1.xml

BreezeConfig1.xml

After optimizing, I still get the message, "congratulations, you have tagged all the photos in your selection" after selecting all 101,000 photos in my Catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to Dallas Raby

Can you please create a new catalog and import a few images and then try running face recognition on these images?

For this, click File >> Catalog >> New. Once it open the new catalog, import some media out of your 101k images.

Do let me know if it is able to recognise faces in this subset of images in a new catalog.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:44 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Bingo! This did the trick. So I went ahead and imported all of my media into the new catalog and it recognized all of the tags. It was a good opportunity to clean up my tags and reorganize the hierarchy. Then I deleted my old catalog in PSE.

However, this has created another problem. PSE is busily synchronizing my new catalog with my Photoshop.com library, but it has not deleted the old catalog. So now I am bumping up against my limit in Photoshop.com. Am I going to have to delete everything on Photoshop.com and start over?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 10:46 PM   in reply to Dallas Raby

I guess yes..

<saw your post really late..sorry for that>

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...