Skip navigation
tranle
Currently Being Moderated

Incompatibility issue with InDesign 5.5 and QuarkXPress PDF (PDF Producer: QuarXPress 8.16)?

Apr 10, 2012 11:45 AM

I have an issue with InDesign 5.5...

1. A pdf created by QuarkXPress (PDF Producer: QuarkXPress 8.16) was placed (with others PDF's from Adobe suit program) on an InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.2) document
  2. After exporting to PDF (using Press Quality option), only the QuarkXP pdf was not reproduced properly and some graphics and text elements turned into "lines"!
  3. If I go back and use InDesign CS 3.x, everythings would come out OK

Just wonderring if anyone else having this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to tranle

Can you share this a PDF created using PDF producer by Quark, never used it hence would like to check...

Also it will be better if you post your query on Indesign forums as it seems to be INdesign specific stuff.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 4:18 AM   in reply to tranle

Ok..Goy your file..

When exporting the file to PDF from Indesign,

In the "Export PDF" dailog box :-

In the Compression options ,(on the left)

change "bicubic downsample" to "Do not downsample"  for all and then check , it will be good to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to tranle

Manish asked me to look into this, but I'm not sure how much I can add. The main problem I've seen with PDFs produced by Quark has been the inclusion of OPI comments (I stopped upgrading Q at version 6, so I don't know if it's still true, but it used to be that OPI was enabled by default in Quark). That would commonly cause images in the PDF to disappear. Your case sounds different, though.

I might have some time later today to take a look (I know Manish has already looked at the files) if you want to send them to me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points