Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Top 10 Requested Features for Future Lightroom from the Official Site.

Apr 10, 2012 7:38 PM

Tags: #lightroom #feature_request #4 #6 #5 #offical_site

Top 10 Unfullfilled Lightroom Feature Requests

from the official Feature Request and Bug Reporting site.

Official Lightroom Feature Request Site

Here are the titles of the top ten most requested - yet unfulfilled feature requests. At the Official site, you can add your voice by clicking a simple +1 on the top post in order to add your voice to it.   This is the site Adobe monitors and they are depending upon our feedback. If you haven't yet, take a look.

1. Lightroom and Camera Raw: More Photoshop like clone/healing/content aware brushes in Lightroom!

2. Lightroom: Multi-User / Multi Computer (Shared catalog on a network)

3. Lightroom: Please add face recognition to Lightroom

4. Photoshop/Lightroom: Provide preference and preset syncing via the cloud! (Brushes, Actions, Tools, Workspaces, etc)

5. Lightroom: Relative Develop Presets would save the day!

6. Lightroom: Mark a photo as the FINAL version

7. Lightroom: Better keyword management

8. Lightroom/Camera Raw: Display camera focus information

9. Lightroom: Provide support for Linux

10.Lightroom: A real plugin architecture to make TIFF files unnecessary

Of course, there are worthy candidates below the top ten, if you are a fan of: Keyboard Customization, Color Coding Folders,  Preview Rendering Options, Gradient Filter Erasers, and others.

Now is a good time to start adding your voice  to those things you want to see in future releases.  Spend some time and support those items you truly need.

Message was edited by: Geoff the kiwi Up dated link.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

The link doesn't work. I can't find where to go!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

Okay, mark me down as dumb, the link works, but I don't see a top 10 list (or things that didn't make the top 10) where I can vote.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to dj_paige

Navigate using the referenced link, once in the feedback forum, click the "Popular" tab above the list and it will sort the topics by popularity ... then you can log in using your Adobe ID and "vote" for your favorites ...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:40 AM   in reply to Butch_M

Thanks, Butch, now I got it!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

great call, I've been through and checked some I feel are important to me. I was already following several, but thanks for posting this

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

regarding topic 7 (Lightroom: Better keyword management) I'd like to draw your attention to a proposal made by John R. Ellis that provides a very reasonable and detailed description on how an improvement of keyword management could be achieved with only little effort by Adobe:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/sdk_small_enhanc ement_to_lrkeyword_to_relieve_pressure_from_users

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 4:11 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

When importing, (i.e. synchronising), files from a hard-drive location, there is a bar showing "progress" of this operation in the top left hand corner of the screen. While this is going on, you cannot do anything else but wait. I have been caught so often wondering why nothing is happening, but of course it is "happening"; I just don't notice the bar progressing. Why not have this bar of progress right in the middle of the screen, and really BIG in size, so you can't miss it. (It reminds me of many web sites where the "Login" and "Logout" command words appear in the smallest font; its as though the programmers don't want you to find those two commands).

Just my two cents worth. Ta. David.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:48 AM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

I am skeptical that this list will be strongly considered by Adobe when it comes time to work on adding features. I say this for several reasons, but I am NOT accusing Adobe of acting against their customer's interests.

When I checked the top 10 list, the top vote getter out of all suggestions had about 200 votes. Considering that there must be tens of thousands of Lightroom users (this is a guess; of course, I don't know the exact number of Lightroom users), 200 votes seems trivial. Furthermore, the project manager would have to also consider what is technically feasible, what features fit the "roadmap" for Lightroom, and what features are needed to stay even or ahead of competitors. Finally, it is a well known fact that these types of lists are popularity contests, and reflect the wishes of the people who bother to vote, but will not reflect the wishes of the broader population of present and potential future users.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to dj_paige

While I agree that the numbers do appear low compared to the actual number of Lr users (especially considering TH mentioned the Lr4 beta was downloaded by 300,000 users), Adobe has listened to users in the past ... (do you think we would be able to catalog video files or have Map and Book modules if were not for the requests of users?) ... but keep in mind that it was Adobe who created the feedback site and encourage us to use it to express our desires, ideas, hopes and expectations for the future of Adobe products ... Now the onus is on Adobe to take this feedback into consideration and implement it into the pipeline as needed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to Butch_M

(do you think we would be able to catalog video files or have Map and Book modules if were not for the requests of users?)

I do think this would have come about even if Adobe never once looked at users requests. Why? Because Aperture can do this (well, I don't know if Aperture can work with video files, but it has map and book capabilities).

But I also think that it is a good idea to let Adobe know what you want via the official method. I have voted there. I just am skeptical that it will carry a lot of weight in the decisions made by Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to dj_paige

dj_paige wrote:

Why? Because Aperture can do this (well, I don't know if Aperture can work with video files, but it has map and book capabilities).

Maybe so ... but this is where I have issues with Adobe ... I do expect them to keep up with the competition ... though, I also expect them to do it better and why I have spent considerable effort lobbying for certain features.

Aperture 3 has not only been catalogging video files for over two years, it also has a much better slideshow feature and the A3 book feature blows Lr out of the water by comparison when considering customization of page sizes and ooutput options ... I really wish they would keep up with other options ...

Just check out this video and tell me that Lr users wouldn't appreciate this kind of capability ... and A3 has had this since Feb. 2010!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZfhL_gZC8

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

Yes, you are correct. I didn't realise that one could go on with other things while importing. I have to say though, that I would still rather wait until that particular process is completed. So, as far as my original suggestion goes, don't worry about it, it isn't necessary.

Regards, David.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points