Skip navigation
JulienKraakman
Currently Being Moderated

Link/Button to an object state on another page.

Apr 12, 2012 2:18 AM

Tags: #link #button #indesign #indesign_cs5.5 #interactive #page #digital_publishing_suite

Hello,

I'm trying to do something rather impossible, it seems. Yet I have seen this work in other magazines I think.

I have an article with two pages. On one page there are a bunch of thumbnails which all link to the second page. So if you press one of those thumbnails, you jump to page 2.

On page 2 I have a slideshow with all of these thumbnail images, but of 'course in the slideshow they are fullscreen. How can I make it so, that when you press a specific thumbnail on page 1, it jumps to page 2 on that specific slideshow image?

Hope it's clear!

Thanks, Julien.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 3:59 AM   in reply to JulienKraakman

Once you are on the second page with the respective fullscreen image displayed what is the next action you want your viewers to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to JulienKraakman

Even if you could do that (you can't) that would make for a horrible reader experience, IMO.

My advice would be to create a slideshow on one page.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to JulienKraakman

A slideshow is great. Just taking a reader to a fullscreen and leaving them on their own is a horrible reader experience.

Think about it. It’s a deadend.

I already gave you an alternative. Keep the slideshow on one page. Make it a bit smaller than full screen with thumbnails on the side or bottom.

Those thumbnails could even be in a scrolling frame.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to JulienKraakman

Can you explain what you mean by different browser? A screenshot perhaps?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to JulienKraakman

Okay, so that's not really full screen. There is text and directions for swiping. Sorry, but I thought you meant having nothing but a picture full screen.

With that out of the way, that's an HTML based slide show. There are a ton of extensions that will create something like this easily using Dreamweaver. Save the HTML and any required scripts and CSS into its own folder and link to that using either the web content overlay or zip it all up and link to the HTMLResources file.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points