Skip navigation
thedangler
Currently Being Moderated

Scrollable Frame, How do I load all images from a folder?

Apr 11, 2012 1:14 PM

Tags: #folio #overlay #layout #interactive #digital_publishing_suite #importing_images #scrollable_frame

I need to load all the images from a folder into the scrollable Frame. Also each image will have a touch that will load the same image in its full size on the page. How do you do this?

When I tried selecting all the images in a folder and file=->place the inDesign text is grayed out.  If i select some images, I can do it.  We are talking 40+ images

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to thedangler

If I understood what you're trying to do, I think the problem is that you first need to group all the images to a strip before you paste them into the scrollable frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to thedangler

For a very long scrollable frame you may need to make the pasteboard bigger.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Instead of dealing with enlarged pasteboard, the way I like to do this is to create the scrollable content as a separate INDD, then place it into the folio document and insert it into the container frame.

You just need to remember not to place it directly into the container frame because the SC needs its own frame for this to work.

(SC options will not be enabled unless the content has a frame)

Adi

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points