Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Module mysteriously leaks when contents are resized.

Apr 12, 2012 8:48 AM

I have an mx module that I'm loading up, and normally it loads and unloads just fine.  However, after shifting around some of its contents, I noticed it was leaking. This is a basic userID / password module, there's nothing too fancy going on.  It looks like this:           .... some script....                                                                                                                                                                                                           The custom class "SpecialModule" is a simple override of mx:Module that has a timer (with a *weak* reference) that just writes to the trace log every 20 seconds so I can tell if the module is leaking or not.   Exactly as it is, this code does not leak.  HOWEVER, if I change the height="100%" part of the top level VGroup container to height="70%", the module leaks without fail.  The same occurs if I try to add a label outside the VGroup, or over the top of it.  It seems to occur completely at random based on the positioning of the components inside of it, but when it leaks, it leaks 100%, and when it doesn't, it doesn't.  I removed all styling code, including embedded fonts, etc, and it doesn't make any difference.  any thoughts?

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points