Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to access local photos after upgrading Android OS

Apr 16, 2012 9:35 AM

I currently use PSTouch on my Xoom wifi and have the latest version. I am running ICS 4.0.4 and can no longer see any local files using PSTouch. I have tried all the normal procedures (I am a Xoom power user) including uninstalling and reinstalling PSTouch. Still cannot see any local files at all. I can see my files if I upload them to the Cloud.

I can take pictures with PSTouch and they are in the project but they cannot be copied, moved or imported into another project.

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

Hi when it comes to not being able to see files maybe this post can help you:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4219941#4219941

Pictures that are taken from Camera fill in PS Touch are not saved to the Gallery.

If you want to do that you need to go through the "add image from" if you plan to add to an existing project.

If you start a new project you need to do "add project from" button next to the add project button.

Thanks,

Ignacio

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

Are you on a Xoom without carrier (e.g. Verizon) and have an official update to ICS 4.0.4?

When you mean that you can save to the Camera roll you mean from PS touch right?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

That is so odd because I don't have such problems and I have the same model (and I'm assuming Android version, build version, etc.; see my other post for the screenshot).

My Local Files screenshot:

Screenshot_2012-04-11-13-31-51.png

Camera folder screenshot:

Screenshot_2012-04-11-13-32-29.png

Pictures folder screenshot:

Screenshot_2012-04-11-13-32-42.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

Darned odd, that is. 

Is there something maybe preventing PS Touch from cataloging your local images?

I've had PS Touch ever since it was released for Android back when the Xoom was using Honeycomb but didn't have any problems even after the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 1:26 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

The issue was that another application was if not corrupting the database - keeping it from being used.

It was com.mytwc.common.resource better known as "My TWC™". One could see it in the logs from logcat.

The workaround is the same as in the thread above only that in this case you need to disable or uninstall the application that is causing the issue.

@Warunicorn:

PS Touch does not catalogue the images - if that was the case the workaround mentioned above (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4219941#4219941)
    would not have any direct impact.

Thanks,

Ignacio

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 6:33 AM   in reply to ibarrien

I have the motorola xoom 4.0.4 also havent been able to access thelocal folder of app since it was purchased 4 months ago. I have tried every trick in these Adobe forums to no avail. I believe it could be an application corrupting th database but dont know how to use logcat to root cause the issue. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

so what are the step by step directions on doing this because i thought i had done that

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to Ed_Engberg

finally i can see the folders under local photos thanks for the step by step directions

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)